Respected Contributor

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

I ordered 3 of muscato for gifts.  2 for friends and one for me.  I enjoy a glass of wine now and then.  Enjoy

Respected Contributor

@HeatherAG     We joined VGS Chateau Potelle.  Loved their wine when we were at their tasting.  THey don't have a huge selection but the Potelle 2 is wonderful.   It's a RED BLEND.  Anything that we've recieved from them has been excellent, and they have special offerings throughout the year.  They are priced much higher than we normally would ever pay for wine, but it's our treat to ourselves the few times a year we get our shipment (and you don't have to take every selection). 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear  I have Vivino downloaded on my phone.  I typically buy from a small wine shop downtown, but even there, I like to use it.  It is easy, you can keep up with wines you have had, and it is great when shopping.  It not only gives you rating on the wine (4.2 and up is what I typically will try), but also tasting profiles.  It is all rated by the actual consumers, so it is very reliable.  

Respected Contributor

@Kimi Eliz   I do too.   I like that you can also keep a record of the wines that you drink along with the photo of the bottle and comments.

Super Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@HeatherAG     We joined VGS Chateau Potelle.  Loved their wine when we were at their tasting.  THey don't have a huge selection but the Potelle 2 is wonderful.   It's a RED BLEND.  Anything that we've recieved from them has been excellent, and they have special offerings throughout the year.  They are priced much higher than we normally would ever pay for wine, but it's our treat to ourselves the few times a year we get our shipment (and you don't have to take every selection). 

Thank you - I will look at their site.

Honored Contributor

I just buy and drink what I like; I am not wine snob.  I can get any type or quality of wine I need locally,  that's one thing I don't have to buy from QVC.  I did chuckle, I had a vision of my UPS guy lugging those boxes from house to house.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see this Swanson Pinot Noir on their website or anywhere else (I do see a more expensive one from 2018).  I wonder if it was a bottling made just for QVC or they bought up the last of it?  I'm willing to give it a try.  Not that I can't get plenty of wine locally, but right now having this delivered is a plus, especially with free shipping, as most wineries do charge for that.

Honored Contributor

@Kimi Eliz wrote:

@jackthebear  I have Vivino downloaded on my phone.  I typically buy from a small wine shop downtown, but even there, I like to use it.  It is easy, you can keep up with wines you have had, and it is great when shopping.  It not only gives you rating on the wine (4.2 and up is what I typically will try), but also tasting profiles.  It is all rated by the actual consumers, so it is very reliable.  

that is the one I use as well

much better than anything else