Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 211
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I am a wine drinker, but I only drink good wine (very seldom purchase grocery store wines).  I saw this TSV and was able to run the wines through my wine app, these wines were rated VERY high (especially the reds) and the average prices were much higher than they are selling for.  The Pinot and Cab were both rated 4.2 (same rating as popular brands Quilt and Tradition) and the average prices were $50 and $26.99, respectively.  The app I use never steers me wrong and the prices are always on target.  I am excited to try them.  I purchased the red collection.  CHEERS!

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎04-11-2015

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

It should be stated that the wines in the TSV are not estate wines. I’ve received these items before and the wine is good...no doubt.  However, I’ve been a wine club member at Cosentino and BR Cohen and this is not the same wine you would purchase if you were at the wineries. I have confirmed the following information with employees from the wineries.

 The bottles will say “California” on the bottle vs. “Estate” which means the grapes are sourced from all over the state of California and can be sold at a lower price than wines from estate grown grapes.  The company that owns all of the wineries purchases grapes throughout California and everything is processed from one warehouse.  None of the bottles offered by QVC are ever shipped from the individual wineries. 

The gift card/coupon is worth it’s weight in gold if you plan on visiting the wineries.  Tasting fees at the wineries can run $25 - $30 per person, so the coupon is a great perk.  I’m posting because I purchased this deal last year thinking I was receiving a great deal on “estate” wines, which was not the case.  This was my fault in getting too excited, because the wines were not advertised as estate and I accept that.  The wine is good and the price is great...I just wanted to clarify what is being advertised.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,344
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

@Kimi A  Thank you for your comment.  We drink good wines too, and (out of character) joined a wine club when we were in Napa last year.  The wines we get from them shine far and above others we normally drink.  If you enjoy a wine, no matter the cost, then it's a good wine ...   for you.   I am so tempted to purchase the dozen reds as well.  Many years ago I tried the O'Leary wines (even though I do not care for him) and we found them to be VILE and totally undrinkable.   

This looks more reputable and believeable....   I think I may give it a go!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,344
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

@Girlboss   Thank you for clarifying.   If the wines are even GOOD,  then at $98 for 12 and the coupon,  I think it may be worth it to try the red collection,  even if we just enjoy with pizza!   

Would you purchase again???

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎04-11-2015

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

@nyc1 yes, the set is worth purchasing.  Especially the BR Cohen & Cosentino.  Enjoy!!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,798
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

I am a white wine drinker but don't drink it every day. I ordered the moscato 3 pack to try this line.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 211
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

Thank you for the clarification!  It is appreciated.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV

[ Edited ]

@Girlboss wrote:

It should be stated that the wines in the TSV are not estate wines. I’ve received these items before and the wine is good...no doubt.  However, I’ve been a wine club member at Cosentino and BR Cohen and this is not the same wine you would purchase if you were at the wineries. I have confirmed the following information with employees from the wineries.

 The bottles will say “California” on the bottle vs. “Estate” which means the grapes are sourced from all over the state of California and can be sold at a lower price than wines from estate grown grapes.  The company that owns all of the wineries purchases grapes throughout California and everything is processed from one warehouse.  None of the bottles offered by QVC are ever shipped from the individual wineries. 

The gift card/coupon is worth it’s weight in gold if you plan on visiting the wineries.  Tasting fees at the wineries can run $25 - $30 per person, so the coupon is a great perk.  I’m posting because I purchased this deal last year thinking I was receiving a great deal on “estate” wines, which was not the case.  This was my fault in getting too excited, because the wines were not advertised as estate and I accept that.  The wine is good and the price is great...I just wanted to clarify what is being advertised.


@Girlboss , this is my understanding as well after visiting CA wine country last year.  We went to a number of various wineries throughout Napa and Sonoma. Then we would see what we thought were the same wines being sold in the grocery store out there when we went shopping.  Upon asking, your explanation is what they told us regarding "Estate" being on the bottle.   

 

As an aside, I would have purchased the 3 bottles to give them a try but I only drink Pinot Grigio and that isn't an option so this is a pass for me but for those who get any of the variations, enjoy.

Super Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎04-05-2017

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV


@nyc1 wrote:

@Kimi A  Thank you for your comment.  We drink good wines too, and (out of character) joined a wine club when we were in Napa last year.  The wines we get from them shine far and above others we normally drink.  If you enjoy a wine, no matter the cost, then it's a good wine ...   for you.   I am so tempted to purchase the dozen reds as well.  Many years ago I tried the O'Leary wines (even though I do not care for him) and we found them to be VILE and totally undrinkable.   

This looks more reputable and believeable....   I think I may give it a go!


Would you mind sharing the wine club that you joined and enjoy? I've been shopping for a wine club and just can't seem to find a good fit. TIA.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,754
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV


@Kimi A wrote:

I am a wine drinker, but I only drink good wine (very seldom purchase grocery store wines).  I saw this TSV and was able to run the wines through my wine app, these wines were rated VERY high (especially the reds) and the average prices were much higher than they are selling for.  The Pinot and Cab were both rated 4.2 (same rating as popular brands Quilt and Tradition) and the average prices were $50 and $26.99, respectively.  The app I use never steers me wrong and the prices are always on target.  I am excited to try them.  I purchased the red collection.  CHEERS!


which app?

 

 

I use one at the store and any one can do the same