Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage Wine Estates TSV 9/28/22

It can be a hit or a miss.  Generally, I like Vintage Estate Wine though.

I much prefer red wine.  White wine is OK, but for me, that's a summer wine that I might sip with a fruit salad on a hot day.  I despise Moscato though -- much too sweet for my liking.

The wine pairings are a suggestion, not a hard fast rule, so I drink red wines with any meal or dessert.

From QVC, my favorites have been Isaac Mizrahi reds -- fabulous!  I have his 12-bottle and 3-bottle on separate auto-deliveries.  They make great gifts because I know the wine is delicious.

Kevin O'Leary's Cab Savs and Red Blends are very good too. Again, the reds.

I did not like Geoffrey Zakarian wine at all.  Tasted like weak, fruity dishwater to me.

The Vintage Estate wines that disappoint me are wines that are too middle of the road.  Think church chicken dinner with no seasoning kind of taste.  Geared to the masses, so they stay right down the middle when it comes to taste. Those kinds of wines don't interest me at all.  But they've had some really good reds in some sets too. 

Not buying today's TSV.  I have a lot of wine, and expecting my auto-deliveries soon too. 

It all just depends on your specific preference in wine. 

Respected Contributor

@GloriBee   Tonight I chose the auto delivery of 12 of the all sweet set for myself, since that taste profile suits me.

If I was ordering as a gift I would probably choose the 12 variety mix selection of reds, white, aand sweet, unless I knew the recipient(s) absolutely preferred red OR white.

I'm an oddball in that I prefer sweeter, fruitier wine.

If your recipient likes cooking, no wine will go to waste since it can be used in recipes.

I love to cook and have another company that I've subscribed to for almost a year, for a case of  twelvee, two bottles each brand/label.  I have flexibility on delivery dates, skipping an order entirely, or swapping out some of the bottles in a given selection. 

And in a shipment if there is a partcular bottle I don't enjoy as much to drink I use the second, unopened bottle for cooking or give as a present to someone else that I think will like it.

Because I do cook I know you should always use a drinkable wine in recipes--never that "cooking" wine from the supermarket.

Just my thoughts . . . and I think the price for this Today's Special Value was fantastic and is locked in.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage Wines Estates TSV 9/28/22

@Reever wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have purchased these before......i have also purchased the kevin oleary ones, george zakarian ones, and ones from martha stewart. i think for the price, they are good wines. i usually get a set to keep some and to gift. definitely worth the price.

better to purchase Barefoot Wines like I do .... 1.5 litter for $11.99 at my liquor store. 

these are definitely better than barefoot.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage Wines Estates TSV 9/28/22

i ended up getting this TSV.

i am lucky because members of my family all like different wines.

my daughters prefer reds, i love chardonnays, and my mom likes sweet wines and pinot grigios. nothing will go to waste and i may use a few for gifts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

It can be a hit or a miss.  Generally, I like Vintage Estate Wine though.

I much prefer red wine.  White wine is OK, but for me, that's a summer wine that I might sip with a fruit salad on a hot day.  I despise Moscato though -- much too sweet for my liking.

The wine pairings are a suggestion, not a hard fast rule, so I drink red wines with any meal or dessert.

From QVC, my favorites have been Isaac Mizrahi reds -- fabulous!  I have his 12-bottle and 3-bottle on separate auto-deliveries.  They make great gifts because I know the wine is delicious.

Kevin O'Leary's Cab Savs and Red Blends are very good too. Again, the reds.

I did not like Geoffrey Zakarian wine at all.  Tasted like weak, fruity dishwater to me.

The Vintage Estate wines that disappoint me are wines that are too middle of the road.  Think church chicken dinner with no seasoning kind of taste.  Geared to the masses, so they stay right down the middle when it comes to taste. Those kinds of wines don't interest me at all.  But they've had some really good reds in some sets too. 

Not buying today's TSV.  I have a lot of wine, and expecting my auto-deliveries soon too. 

It all just depends on your specific preference in wine. 

@Caaareful Shopper, thank you so much for that very useful info. I think I will keep an eye out for Isaac's wine.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@GloriBee   Tonight I chose the auto delivery of 12 of the all sweet set for myself, since that taste profile suits me.

If I was ordering as a gift I would probably choose the 12 variety mix selection of reds, white, aand sweet, unless I knew the recipient(s) absolutely preferred red OR white.

I'm an oddball in that I prefer sweeter, fruitier wine.

If your recipient likes cooking, no wine will go to waste since it can be used in recipes.

I love to cook and have another company that I've subscribed to for almost a year, for a case of  twelvee, two bottles each brand/label.  I have flexibility on delivery dates, skipping an order entirely, or swapping out some of the bottles in a given selection. 

And in a shipment if there is a partcular bottle I don't enjoy as much to drink I use the second, unopened bottle for cooking or give as a present to someone else that I think will like it.

Because I do cook I know you should always use a drinkable wine in recipes--never that "cooking" wine from the supermarket.

Just my thoughts . . . and I think the price for this Today's Special Value was fantastic and is locked in.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

@aroc3435 , this was so helpful!  Thank you!  I had pretty much talked myself out of buying the 12 bottle variety as a gift (actually 2 sets for 2 gifts).  Had I read your post before I had fallen aleep Woman LOL I think I would have ordered.  You said the one thing that convinced me--"If your recipient likes coooking".  They do!  That was a good way of thinking of it and I had not taken that into consideration. Oh, well!  Too late now.

Respected Contributor

@GloriBee   I just checked:  The 12 bottle selection is now $103.95, so the price hasn't jumped that much and 4 easy pay (which I didn't use) is still available.   So the price per bottle is still reasonable.

So, you can still order and only pay a little more.  It ships on November 7th.  I have a one cent "hold" on my card that will drop off in a few days until it ships.

The representative last night mentioned it was this "brand's" last TSV for this calendar year.

Best wishes,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did this seriously only go up $5?!  Not that "special" a price for a Today's Special Value!  Edited to say that the TSV price seems great.  What I meant was that I would have thought the price would have gone up more than $5 from the TSV price.  Well, I guess I can still think about it and maybe wait to see what the reviews are like.  However, I am fully aware that the current price could go up.

https://www.qvc.com/SH117_Vintage-Wine-Estates-Harvest-Sampler-12Btl-Wine-Set.product.M84666.html?sc...

QVC PRICE:Deleted $119.79

Retail Value: $289.00

+Standard S&H Included

Available to ship 11/07/2022