Respected Contributor

Re: Vintage Wine Estates 12 Bottle TSV

No wine for me, allergic. . . .alas....Cat Sad

So I don't gift it either.

Esteemed Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

I bought it. A good selection of wines. I know many. I go up to Napa and the Ca coast often. I'm in many wine clubs. Good value for what you get. I bought the mixed set. Comes to $8.00 a bottle with tax and free shipping. Totally worth it and a try. 

@BdBettyB  Thanks for your recommendation. I was on the fence, but the price per bottle is almost too good to pass up, so I took the plunge. We will use them over the holidays either to serve at our table or to give as hostess gifts. I didn't get the auto delivery, because we normally don't drink wine at home. I cook with it, but for that I just get the 4 packs of red or white wine.

Respected Contributor

We really enjoy good wine.  I had their selection of wines previously and they were very good.  I gave several as gifts and the receivers raved about them.   I bought the ALL RED selection.  I love a good Meritage.  I wish they had a Pinot Noir selection like they did in the last order I got.  Maybe next time. 

ENJOY YOUR WINES.

BTW ...   several years ago I decided to try the Kevin O'Leary wines when he was first on QVC, even though I cannot stand that man.  I should have gone with my initial gut,  they were totally UNDRINKABLE.   Each one was more awful than the other.   We opened several and poured out the balance after our initial taste.  SHAME.

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

We really enjoy good wine.  I had their selection of wines previously and they were very good.  I gave several as gifts and the receivers raved about them.   I bought the ALL RED selection.  I love a good Meritage.  I wish they had a Pinot Noir selection like they did in the last order I got.  Maybe next time. 

ENJOY YOUR WINES.

BTW ...   several years ago I decided to try the Kevin O'Leary wines when he was first on QVC, even though I cannot stand that man.  I should have gone with my initial gut,  they were totally UNDRINKABLE.   Each one was more awful than the other.   We opened several and poured out the balance after our initial taste.  SHAME.

@nyc1  Totally agree about the Kevin O'Leary wines. I had the same experience. It put me off buying wines from QVC until today.

Honored Contributor

great deal.....i ordered the case of mixed. i am more of a white wine drinker, but will use some of these for gifts during the holidays or for hostess gifts year round. i do prefer chardonnays in general, but my kids love reds.

i have purchased the oleary wines before and have come back for more. i thought they were pretty good for the price of about $10 a bottle.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Since my state does not allow any alcoholic beverages to be sold this way, I cannot order.  However, since I cannot drink any alcohol it's a moot point for me lol.  If I could I would tho!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although, they have tagged Kentucky as one of the states they can't ship wine. It is not accurate. On April 8th, Govenor Andy Beshear passed Bill 415 legalized direct shipping by wineries, distilleries and breweries this summer. I wonder who does the research. Needs to be revised.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

Although, they have tagged Kentucky as one of the states they can't ship wine. It is not accurate. On April 8th, Govenor Andy Beshear passed Bill 415 legalized direct shipping by wineries, distilleries and breweries this summer. I wonder who does the research. Needs to be revised.

This is not a direct shipment,  it's going through a distributor, which may be the problem.  I remember having something like that pointed out to me a long time ago.  You may want to check further.  

Super Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

ENJOY YOUR WINES.

I don't know anything about Kevin O'Leary but I have bought several of his holiday boxes in the past.  The white wine drinkers in my family enjoyed them, and the other red wine lovers and I really enjoyed them.  I haven't tried this vendor but it is a crazy good price.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@elated wrote:

This is not a direct shipment,  it's going through a distributor, which may be the problem.  I remember having something like that pointed out to me a long time ago.  You may want to check further.  

@nyc1 

@elated 

i believe you are correct @nyc1 .

Distributors and wholesalers will not be included in this bill, while retailers testified in front of the committee that this could hurt their bottom line should consumers choose to order directly from the producer rather than patronize their local liquor store.

BREAKING: Kentucky’s House Bill 415 Has Passed, Allowing Distilleries to Ship Bourbon to Your Door |...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein