Contributor

saw post from someone who said don’t use if you have knee or hip replacements. I am on waitlist for one. I am now confused as I did not hear any restrictions in presentation of a problem for hip replacement to not use. I have had total hip on both hips. How was this determined for you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Vibration TSV need feedback

It was asked on air and they basically said to ask your doctor first. 

Esteemed Contributor

If a customer/poster said....Beware..........I'd take her/his word for it.  QVC isn't long on real details of their products.  They seem to 'skip over' a lot of information.

I've leaned the hard way by having to pay return charges.

Respected Contributor

@imaklutz wrote:

saw post from someone who said don’t use if you have knee or hip replacements. I am on waitlist for one. I am now confused as I did not hear any restrictions in presentation of a problem for hip replacement to not use. I have had total hip on both hips. How was this determined for you.

I have read numerous articles online about vibration plates, and all of them say NO to using one of you have had anything replaced.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

If you wish, look back at the prior OP, there is a link to a study.

When I checked it there was mention of the difference in vibration to the skull between bent and straight legs (if I recall).

That is enough to make a NO for me.  Poor ol brain isn't up any more bouncing.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of "spare" metal parts......I definitely won't be buying anything that vibrates

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

As i recall, the poster got information from her doctor about not using this device if you've had replacements.  I'd call and ask my doctor or his assistant.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

NO joint replacement recipients should get on any vibration machines.

Esteemed Contributor

I've done whole body vibration for several years.

My naturopath has the full size machines to use on a drop in basis and there is a clear warning posted to NOT use these machines if you have an artificial joint as the vibrations can loosen the joint.

When my naturopath closed off the machines for drop in use early in the pandemic, I bought a plate similar to the TSV to use at home.

Honored Contributor

It's probably a good idea to use a mouthguard to keep your teeth from chipping..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥