Respected Contributor

I have ordered 3 of these special CIJ wreaths to be sent to my home for the first shipment date in November. Today when I went to order I thought  that the wreath has gone up in price ( and it has) and with the new 'reduced' shipping the order will be $20.30 more than last year. I checked my order from 2014 CIJ.

Seems excessive. I have not placed my order.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valeries Balsam Wreath CIJ

I usually order Valerie's CIJ wreaths, since they're usually so unique.  I haven't compared the price with my orders of previous years, but I did think the price was excessive.  I think my days of VPH balsam wreaths are behind me.  Sorry, Valerie.  Just too much now.

Respected Contributor

It is not just the price increase in the wreath but the S&H is now $15.00 and all  three  come to my house on the same day. I have ordered these and the traditional wreaths for years but I think I am done. Mine have always been lovely but I really dislike the shipping charge changes.

On the other hand it has made me think twice about ordering multiples...I am beginning to pass on some orders I would have made before because of excessive shipping charges and the charge to return items..

Respected Contributor

Just so you know exactly what I am talking about...3 wreaths to my house is $164.00, including tax. Pass!

Occasional Contributor

I believe LL Bean sells a similar wreath and they do not charge shipping.

New Contributor

I completely understand the frustration expressed in previous posts; however, I still placed my usual order.

I was curious after reading this thread, so I checked my 2014 order info. For me, shipping actually DECREASED from $7.22 to only $5. My order total did increase about $5 per wreath overall, but I think that's fair.

I hope the price doesn't continue to increase in the future, but for now, I am still pleased with the quality, value, and convenience. I forgot to order one wreath last year, and boy, did I hear about it from the family who didn't receive one!

Respected Contributor

@SDGal wrote:

I completely understand the frustration expressed in previous posts; however, I still placed my usual order.

I was curious after reading this thread, so I checked my 2014 order info. For me, shipping actually DECREASED from $7.22 to only $5. My order total did increase about $5 per wreath overall, but I think that's fair.

I hope the price doesn't continue to increase in the future, but for now, I am still pleased with the quality, value, and convenience. I forgot to order one wreath last year, and boy, did I hear about it from the family who didn't receive one!

I am thinking of ordering Ellen D's wreath this year. The shipping is higher but the wreath is less ( go figure!). Since I order 3 to my home it does add up. Thanks for your reply!

Trusted Contributor

I think Ellen has a wreath that is a little less expensive. I have no experience with the ED line though. I stopped buying live wreaths on the Q a few years ago because i now am on a fixed and limited income.
Respected Contributor

After careful consideration I decided to purchase 3 Bethlehem Lights 15th Anniv. Prelit wreath decorated with pine cones. They have gotten great reviews and are less expensive than Valeries and hopefully will be able to be used for several seasons. The twinkle option sounds lovely and two of us have glass front doors and they should look very pretty.

They will arrive this month and I will get a chance to check them out.

Fingers crossed.