Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie’s TSV Glitter Lantern

I sent 3 back from last year due to the glitter going so fast it looked like a blizzard and so much glitter took away from the scene. Did keep the truck one. This year looks like the glitter is much slower and not as much. Bought two. They look quite a bit smaller also, but that is okay.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope for Valerie's (and QVC) sake since they sold over 214,000 of ONE item & they were MASS Produced in China -  everyone  gets a working nice product.  

Of course, I realize most everything is from China - just the "craftsmanship" isn't always there when things are made in those big quantities. 

Her things have been hit or miss for sometime now!! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the snowmen scene and like it so much, I will use until the glitter doesn;t float around and the light goes out.. It will still be cute to set on my side table.

Trusted Contributor

I bought it when it was the TSV last year.  Mine was the gingerbread scene in the bronze lantern.  The first one I received was defective (the motor didn't work), but the second one was fine.

The scenes in the new one are nicer and more detailed, but I personally didn't care for the stark white lantern.  Most of my home is done in neutral tones and dark wood.  It would go nicely in my dining room because that room is done in blues, grays, and silvers, but we don't go in there too much and wouldn't really get to enjoy looking at it.

For those who bought it - Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

Can anyone answer a question for me re the VPH lantern TSV. When I ordered, there were still a few styles available. I ordered the 3 snwomen scene. Now it says its on advance oder. What does that mean? I can still cancel and may do so. Can someone explain why an in-stock item goes to advance order and what does that mean exactly? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC 

I recall the hosts & Valerie stating the ship date was July 25 for snowmen.  I remember the date because it's my bday🙂

Then there were a few with August 24.  I would not cancel because I know they are sold out.  I'm sure they'll ship we just need some patience lately😉🙂

Respected Contributor

I have a Christmas Tree and Nativity Glitter lamp and I love them. I bought the Cardinals and another Nativity in these glitter lamps. 

Occasional Contributor

Did anyone else's lanterns (white) stop wortking...even with fresh batteries?

The lights have quit working on 2 out of the 4 I got. I am tempted to send all 4 back Smiley Sad

Thx,

'Jennifer

Super Contributor

@jenn_a 

Hi,

All my lanterns stopped working due to them draining the batteries after about 30-32 days. I put new batteries in to make sure it wasn't a product defect, and they all worked just fine, thank godness. I could tell the batteries were running low because the scenes would grow dimmer and dimmer. Thought about putting new ones in because we've enjoyed them so much, but decided against it since Christmas is over.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I've had a time with the Bethlehem Lighted Garlands. Having to return 5 strands because the product is defective and the lights won't stay on.

Since you're probably returning yours, I'd contact customer service or the mods here on the boards (quicker that way) and tell them of your intention so they can note that in your file.