Frequent Contributor

Valerie's Illuminated Glitter Ornament with Scene

I like this item; however, I once had a liquid filled similar Christmas ball which I stored in our attic...big mistake because the liquid evaporated and I unfortunately threw it out! 

Lesson learned. Do they talk about how to store it and what the liquid is? I don't have storage room to store it in the house and no basement. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's Illuminated Glitter Ornament with Scene

I just purchased two, and I will be very disappointed if that happens. Valerie mentioned that they should be stored either upright or laying flat on it's back.  However, this was to keep the flakes from adhering to the glass. She did not mention anything about the liquid evaporating. 

Respected Contributor

Anything that contains liquid should be stored in a temperature controlled climate, not an attic or garage.

Respected Contributor

@Villagesbabe Guaranteed to last only as long as the extended returns.allows.

I gave up on  liquid filled, enjoy while it works, batteries or not, my snowflakes fall to the surface and lay there.

Valued Contributor

Hopefully liquid filled items last year's and year's longer than before.
I heard Valerie mention how to store them, upright or on it's back. She should've mentioned it's best not to keep in garage or basement.
I bought two, Tree Farm or us and the gingerbread for our son and family 🎄🎄🎄
Esteemed Contributor

I think her TSV is pretty, but hesitated due to the glitter/liquid.  Years ago had items and the glitter stopped swirling.  I also thought there was too much glitter churning Looked more like a fierce snowstorm than soft snow falling...

Honored Contributor

I got her liquid-filled lantern with a scene 2 or 3 years ago and it has been fine.  The liquid is more viscous than plain water, and I keep it in a closet in the house. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I gor her glitter lanterns the past 2 years and I just leave them out and set up,  the Liquid is fine.  my only complaint is going through batteries, although I did go to rechargable batteries and that helps.

She said today store them standing up or on their back not on the clear front, and somethng like that I would store in a climate controlled environment, it just to me anyway, makes sense

Super Contributor

I ordered 2 of them at midnight but don't see them in my orders. I checked my advanced ordiers, too, just in case. Nothing. And yes, I checked my shopping cart - even though I know I checked out. Has this happened to anyone else?

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw the email, I thought of getting several, with one for my good friend as a Christmas present.  This is going to sound crazy, but I have severe vertigo and I could not even watch the presentation without feeling dizzy.  Saving me lots of money.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!