Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli

[ Edited ]

@indiepup, cannot get wine shipped to Delaware, either.  I constantly speak with my representatives about this, but we have three large wine stores that seem to have a lot of influence and have managed to keep online wine sales out.  Of course, we can get any other type of alcoholic beverage shipped in.  It is just wine that we cannot get.  I did tell my representatives that I thought that wine could be shipped to any other country so why not Delaware, which is in America and I should be able to get anything that I can pay for.  They say that they are working on it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

She was just on with some food items. I thought it was Rachel Ray when I turned it on, she  was shouting, and talking over people, not the sweet Valerie I always thought her to be.  I guess stardom does that to people.

Respected Contributor

sorry but I can get very nice wines here at home (upstate ny) and I seldom pay over $9 per bottle.  These are very pricey to me. 

Frequent Contributor

Agree....I am sick of seeing 'celebrities' selling items.....do they really need more money...wouldn't they better spend their time working with a charity?

And what makes them believe we would want something just because their name is on it? As if they are the expert; the experts are the people they pay who develop the product.

It's nauseating to me!

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@indiepup, cannot get wine shipped to Delaware, either.  I constantly speak with my representatives about this, but we have three large wine stores that seem to have a lot of influence and have managed to keep online wine sales out.  Of course, we can get any other type of alcoholic beverage shipped in.  It is just wine that we cannot get.  I did tell my representatives that I thought that wine could be shipped to any other country so why not Delaware, which is in America and I should be able to get anything that I can pay for.  They say that they are working on it.

@SXMGirl

i can drop off a bottle or two for you as i make my way to the delaware beaches.  Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45, that works for me!  I will have all of the other alcoholic beverages that can be delivered ready for our celebration!  In Delaware, wine is a big NO and everything else alcholic is a YES!  Got to love those politicians.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@indiepup wrote:

well I'm disappointed I can't get it delivered where I live!! what's up with KY?  I wanted to try the chardonnary...Smiley Sad

@indiepup . Pennsylvania was like that too...one couldn't order wine from an online business in the US (but I could order directly from a winery in Italy...go figure).  However I think they may have change that law recently.

Super Contributor

Wow, has QVC turned into a celebrity infomercial channel! Jay Leno. Martha Stewart, Brooke Shields, Valerie Bertinelli, on and on and on. I miss the channel I used to love shopping with new ideas, fair pricing on brands, and not all the licensed celebrity deals for which we clearly are being asked to overpay. (I WILL admit, of all of them, I find Valerie and Martha easy to watch, even without buying...others I turn the program off.)

Super Contributor

Re: Valerie Bertinelli

[ Edited ]

yes, this trend has really exploded this year. It's existed in the publishing world for longer tho. I can't keep track of all the celebs , who've published a children's book on their new baby or kitten/puppy or their dog's day.  Chevy Chase is the only one I can recall, who has written novels . 

Anyway, I do like Martha too, because of her obsession with perfection. I bought her set of solar lights recently, for all the reasons she gave re: light directed downward & no pattern in glass . Those things bothered me too, with other light sets. So far, IMHO her products are good quality items. Some other celebrity lines , lean toward the cheaper quality side. I find that insulting, because we work too hard for our money. 

The bottom line in sales /publishing is name recognition. It sells more....and our society seems especially obsessed with two things : Hollywood celebrities and the British monarchy & accent. In the end tho, for every celeb who " writes " a book or " designs " fashion/ home decor, there's a talented & trained writer or designer behind the scene, who has lost a well-earned opportunity. 

Respected Contributor

@crackster wrote:

She was just on with some food items. I thought it was Rachel Ray when I turned it on, she  was shouting, and talking over people, not the sweet Valerie I always thought her to be.  I guess stardom does that to people.

So you mean the real,human 58 year old Valerie doesn’t match up with your memory of a teenaged role she portrayed on TV? 

In reality, her personality is pretty much like it always was...Maybe a little less overtly shy, but she was always bubbly and talkative...