Valued Contributor

Re: VPH Big Deal April 2020?

@Reever wrote:

@traveler wrote:

This is just curiosity but does anyone know what it will be?

In these rough economic times, all should consider purchasing just essentials. Does one really need more chachkies ? I know many are purging items.  Someone in anoither thread estimated she purged $1000 of Valeries stuff.   We have to prioritize.Nothing against Valerie who I adore I just worry that we are on the verge of fiscal collapse.

This type of comment is why I rarely post on here. There is usually a snarky judgmental comment. SMH

Respected Contributor

A lamp! What a refreshing change.

Valued Contributor

@Reever that may be the state of your finances but not everyone is in the same boat. Outside of being stuck at home many peoples life is marching on as usual, including the ability to go to work or work from home.

If everyone stops spending you’ll surely send the economy into collapse.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

A lamp! What a refreshing change.

I really like the teal and navy lamp.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the blue then canceled for two reasons. S&H to Alaska would be $20. And I looked around the house and couldn't find a place we didn't already have a floor lamp.

Regular Contributor

@Reever, please know that I was not offended and I appreciate the friendly reminder to spend responsibly even
during a pandemic. I’m always saddened by the rudeness of some on this thread, that’s why I only visit occasionally just to check the next TSV.
Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Valerie's Big Deal is the Shutter Lamp - H213526.  Comes in choice of colors - price is $42.90.

I love it, but it comes with a 60W bulb - wish it was brighter.

------------------

I like it too!!  Just wish I needed a new lamp some where, but I don't !!!  Smiley Happy    Can't justify the 'want' purchase now....

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@traveler wrote:

Please accept my sincere apology if I offended you @traveler . perhaps I am watching too much news and not enough "feel good TV",  Switched to Beauty IQ to get rid of all the negative news reporting going on. Even Lester Holt appeared blue tonight. 

have been watching one "news" program once during the day.  steady diet isn't good for your head and mind

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@traveler wrote:

In these rough economic times, all should consider purchasing just essentials. Does one really need more chachkies ? I know many are purging items.  Someone in anoither thread estimated she purged $1000 of Valeries stuff.   We have to prioritize.Nothing against Valerie who I adore I just worry that we are on the verge of fiscal collapse.

I have seen the same comments from you on multiple threads. I don't concern myself with what people spend their money on. Why do you?

I am fearful of economic collpase @mom2four0418 . I didnt mean to judge how people spend or on what but I do know some here who got into financial debt and in these shaky economic times I am just throwing caution out there.  I hope I am wrong and we can get back to normal soon but I am tightening the belt for the foreseeable future. I pray the country doesnt go into Depression.

You are looking at judging in the rearview mirror.

Unbelievable but not unexpected.  SMH 

Honored Contributor

On to the topic of the thread.  

I haven't seen a presentation of it.  I do think it's cute but in looking at the product page, it says the lamp is resin which would be a no for me.  It also appears that there is only brown and red?  Maybe there were more colors to start with and they sold out?  Those colors wouldn't interest me.

The biggest thing is that I know dust would get inside through the "shutters" and then what?  How in the world would you clean the inside base of that lamp?  Since it's plastic do you take a host to it?  LOL