Valued Contributor

Re: VPH Big Deal April 2020?

Actually, in these economic times, if you can afford to spend money you should. We need to boost the economy, not further the decline.

Esteemed Contributor

Buying any thing - at any given time - is a personal decision.  No one should concern themselves about someone else's buying practice! 

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

So you are the authority on how people spend their money?

Every chance she gets.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@traveler wrote:

This is just curiosity but does anyone know what it will be?

In these rough economic times, all should consider purchasing just essentials. Does one really need more chachkies ? I know many are purging items.  Someone in anoither thread estimated she purged $1000 of Valeries stuff.   We have to prioritize.Nothing against Valerie who I adore I just worry that we are on the verge of fiscal collapse.

I have seen the same comments from you on multiple threads. I don't concern myself with what people spend their money on. Why do you?

I am fearful of economic collpase @mom2four0418 . I didnt mean to judge how people spend or on what but I do know some here who got into financial debt and in these shaky economic times I am just throwing caution out there.  I hope I am wrong and we can get back to normal soon but I am tightening the belt for the foreseeable future. I pray the country doesnt go into Depression.

@Reever,  you went past judging and jumped all the way to actually questioning and attempting to shame OP.

Blue bolded text:  Unless you personally know OP well you are intruding into a very personal part of her life.  You have no idea why she is inquiring about a VHP product and no matter the reason calling it a "chachkie" is demeaning the OP.

You have no right to try to dissuade someone from purchasing anything whether they can afford it or not.  You have no right to assume someone is in a shaky financial situation or could be in the future.

You have no right to project your fears and anxiety onto others especially in a way that most assuredly would take them aback, belittle and perhaps even embarrass. Your choice of words and phrasing frequently tends to do just that.

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@traveler wrote:

In these rough economic times, all should consider purchasing just essentials. Does one really need more chachkies ? I know many are purging items.  Someone in anoither thread estimated she purged $1000 of Valeries stuff.   We have to prioritize.Nothing against Valerie who I adore I just worry that we are on the verge of fiscal collapse.

I have seen the same comments from you on multiple threads. I don't concern myself with what people spend their money on. Why do you?

I am fearful of economic collpase @mom2four0418 . I didnt mean to judge how people spend or on what but I do know some here who got into financial debt and in these shaky economic times I am just throwing caution out there.  I hope I am wrong and we can get back to normal soon but I am tightening the belt for the foreseeable future. I pray the country doesnt go into Depression.

@Reever,  you went past judging and jumped all the way to actually questioning and attempting to shame OP.

Blue bolded text:  Unless you personally know OP well you are intruding into a very personal part of her life.  You have no idea why she is inquiring about a VHP product and no matter the reason calling it a "chachkie" is demeaning the OP.

You have no right to try to dissuade someone from purchasing anything whether they can afford it or not.  You have no right to assume someone is in a shaky financial situation or could be in the future.

You have no right to project your fears and anxiety onto others especially in a way that most assuredly would take them aback, belittle and perhaps even embarrass. Your choice of words and phrasing frequently tends to do just that.

My sincere apology if I offended the original poster. That was not my intent. My message was guided toward those of us who are scared now to open our wallets because we dont know how bad this could get.  There was talk on a news program I watch of Marshall Law.  The health crisis is a painful reminder that life is very tenuous.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Marp wrote:

My sincere apology if I offended the original poster. That was not my intent. My message was guided toward those of us who are scared now to open our wallets because we dont know how bad this could get.  There was talk on a news program I watch of Marshall Law.  The health crisis is a painful reminder that life is very tenuous.  

@Reever,  perhaps you should address your apology directly to the OP.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever  Well I, for one, appreciate the reminder that we have to be careful how we spend our money in these uncertain times.

I have never purchased any VPH items.  I have been tempted a few times.  But honestly, it is just more "stuff" and I am trying to get rid of "stuff" these days.  Afrer cleaning out the homes of two sets of parents, more than once, I remember of the pain of doing so, and waste of money, of all of that "stuff" whenever I think about buying more "stuff".  Of course, my clothes and jewelry do not fall into the "stuff" category, LOL.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Please accept my sincere apology if I offended you @traveler . perhaps I am watching too much news and not enough "feel good TV",  Switched to Beauty IQ to get rid of all the negative news reporting going on. Even Lester Holt appeared blue tonight. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Reever for the apology.

Esteemed Contributor

Valerie's Big Deal is the Shutter Lamp - H213526.  Comes in choice of colors - price is $42.90.

I love it, but it comes with a 60W bulb - wish it was brighter.