Contributor

I LOVE VIONIC ! However, in my opionion, the back tab on this style sits too high and is 'wrinkled' looking, therefore detracting from the bootie's simplicity and good looks. When wearing it under many types of longer pants, the tab will stick out and be unsightly. A shorter, beefier tab would have been a 'cool' design element, but this one looks too tall and limp. DISAPPOINTED ! 

Super Contributor

Cut it off!

Trusted Contributor

I agree you could probably cut it off being very careful with a small precise scissor.  If these weren't ankle boots I'd be interested but I'm tired of those especially for winter.  Also, I find their ankle measurement too large, great if you have cankles but hideous looking if you have a slender ankle that is just swimming...

Contributor

Obviously you can cut off the top portion of the tab, but who knows how it will look with raw margins exposed. You made a great observation regarding the diameter of the opening. They try to 'disguise' how wide it looks on those w/more slender legs, but it is still obvious to anyone who is trained in on looking for that. At the end of the day, if you have a wider leg/ankle area and the tall tab doesn't bother you, it could be a good match. Vionic does make great fitting footwear.