Respected Contributor

Update on My Review for Barefoot Dreams TSV

Well, as I posted previously, love the black and glad I went from a M to a L.  I just received the Merlo and Olive and I was very disappointed.  The colors on TV looked so saturated and rich but when I saw them in person, they are very muted and the merlo looks like a rasperry, not a dark, rich merlo as it appeared on my TV  and the olive was kind of a dusty olive and did not like it at all..  So they are all going back on Monday.  In a way I am kind of glad I did not like the other colors as it saved me a lot of money (LOL). 

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on My Review for Barefoot Dreams TSV

I ordered the garnet(merlot color) and hope I like it. I don’t own any clothing in the red family so muted will probably work for me. Sorry you were disappointed.

Trusted Contributor

I received the olive and love it!! Sorry you were disappointed. I think it’s a great tsv but have to admit I wish it came in a blue and beach rock. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals   I love the rich saturated colors of the olive and garnet...my favs on the screen.  You are saying they did not appear this way when you received them?  Was the black a deeply saturated black?

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@lovesallanimals   I love the rich saturated colors of the olive and garnet...my favs on the screen.  You are saying they did not appear this way when you received them?  Was the black a deeply saturated black?

phoenixbird:  Yes, the black is a true rich dark black, gorgeous. The other colors were, for a lack of a better word, dusty looking.  Not as dark and rich as they appeared on my TV.  I loved the dark red one and could not wait to see it but I was very disappointed. It is like a dark raspberry.  I noticed that all of the BD colors are kind of dull and muted.  The black was perfect.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals ...I have a big issue with fit on QVC items, and I take close notice at the size charts.  I wanted to order the TSV (barefoot dream).  I have not ordered yet but would go with the large...my bust measurement for clothing lines up with the size chart....can you tell me why you preferred the large vs the medium.   Last year I ordered a large B.F. Dreams TSV...it was huge!! ..this year the large more lines up with my bust measurement....sizing is so inconsistent.

I am 5.5" roughy 145 lbs. I am a tad busty..

Trusted Contributor

What is this fabric like?  I believe what people say that it is very soft (and warm?), but when I look at it on screen, it looks pilly and snaggly.  Not sure I'd want to wear it out and especially at BD prices!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@lovesallanimals ...I have a big issue with fit on QVC items, and I take close notice at the size charts.  I wanted to order the TSV (barefoot dream).  I have not ordered yet but would go with the large...my bust measurement for clothing lines up with the size chart....can you tell me why you preferred the large vs the medium.   Last year I ordered a large B.F. Dreams TSV...it was huge!! ..this year the large more lines up with my bust measurement....sizing is so inconsistent.

I am 5.5" roughy 145 lbs. I am a tad busty..

momtodogs:  They said this was cut a little smaller than some of the other styles.  I preferred the L because I want it to come together in the front with the flaps still being folder back.  I noticed that the models kept opening the flaps to give them extra room to close it.  Also, when you walk, it moves open and flows so if I  were to keep the M, it would open way too much.  I want this for the cool fall weather so have it open so much defeats the purpose plus it looks skimpy.  I am 160 lbs., 5'7" and 38B.  Hope this helps.  But at 145lbs. the Large would be too big for you.

Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

What is this fabric like?  I believe what people say that it is very soft (and warm?), but when I look at it on screen, it looks pilly and snaggly.  Not sure I'd want to wear it out and especially at BD prices!

Thisismynickname:  This feels like a warm cuddly baby blanket, very soft. I hever had a pilling problem and I find it nice and warm.

Valued Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends I am sorry the olive and garnet colors did not work for you. I received this TSV in garnet and absolutely love this color. It doesn’t appear merlo to me on screen at all imo. It is a beautiful rust/red almost sangria tone to me. I have the BD notch collar blazer and slouchy pullover in olive and both are beautiful saturated olive green colors. I am happy the black worked for you. This line is my favorite!