Respected Contributor

Re: Upcoming TSV Pop-it Shelving...any experiences?

I own several Origami shelving units and have not been disappointed. I have them in several colors and sizes. The units are sturdy, secure and can hold weight. I would recommend going to that other channel today and purchasing the deal on the Origami. It is a value and is quality merchandise. I also have the Origami liners but I also went to Home Depot and had them cut several boards I use for liners as well, and that was inexpensive to do.

Honored Contributor

Another thing about the Origami TS...if you don't have a HSN cc then you can still get six flexpays if you have PayPal Credit ( 6 months to pay $99 or more). I don't think Q offers this option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

I have a bunch of these tall shelves.  I started with the Origami from HSN and then one time I purchased a couple of these from QVC.  I figured they would likely be from the same company and be the same product – just under a different name.  The shelves from QVC were definitely of lesser quality.  The metal was not as good, the paint job was poor (I bought white and the tan primer showed through), they were harder to get set up (just slightly out of alignment, but enough to make it difficult – I had to really pound on them with a rubber mallet) and just over-all not as good quality.  They are the same size, they hold the same and when loaded- look the same, but they are not the same.  I strongly recommend the Origami brand over the knock-offs.  JMHO. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

The pop-up shelves do not hold the weight that the origami does, not even close.  Personal experience is you can't go wrong with Origami and as others have already shared, it's the TS on HSN.

In the summer, I even take my short origami shelf out and leave it on my deck and it still looks new.

I did noticed the considerable weight difference. I don't like the lack of solid shelves in either brand though. Still considering!

I think the big things with these two types of shelves is the ability to fold up and the wheels. I'm not sure any of that is important to me, based on where I want to used them and the fact that I want to keep them in constant use (won't have a need that I can foresee, to fold them up and store them). 

@Buck-i-Nana

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The biggest selling feature of this type of rack really is..."no assembly required" (unless you want to add the wheels, and that is easy to do). If assembly is not a problem and you don’t want/need to fold & store – then it may not be worth the price for this rack. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Frequent Contributor

HSN Has essentially the same thing as the special today, January 2. It is offered by Origami and has hundreds of 5 star ratings, mine included. They give FREE SHIPPING!!!

Hello, pop it is made under the Origami brand. It it made with the same coated steel as Origami just hold less weight than the Origami sheleves. Pop holds up to 175lbs where as Origami hold up to 250lbs total weight, so it depends on what you want to use the shelving for.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio - I don't take down and store mine either.  I do move the smaller ones seasonally, so I put the wheels on them.  For me, the selling point is the durability, the weight capacity and the no-assembly required.  Honestly, I've assembled those packaged steel and chrome shelves and they are a complete pain in the patootie!  Getting everything level and ensuring they don't wobble should be simple but it's not.  With the origami, easy peasy and done.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I own 2 Pop-it's & I love them ... I store lots of heavy items on them in my garage & never had a problem .... I am going to check out the Origami brand & see if I can use one... THANKS

Super Contributor

Origami is on HSN today as a special value for $79.00 with free s&h. It has 5 shelves and is much heavier and sturdier.