Super Contributor

Upcoming Shark TSV - Is it a Vacuum?

I decided that I'm going to try a Shark vacuum cleaner after borrowing my cousin's; I really liked it.

There's a Shark TSV coming up in early September, and I was wondering if anyone knew what it would be.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a vacuum cleaner; specifically one that is not cordless.  Reviews say that the Shark batteries are not great, so I would really like a traditional corded one.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Upcoming Shark TSV - Is it a Vacuum?

The TSV on September 6th is a Shark vacuum; all Shark TSVs are vacuums. But that is a smart question, as the Dyson TSV on September 27 is NOT a vacuum, it is a heater. There is a Bissell vacuum TSV on October 1st and a Dyson vacuum TSV on October 11th.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

The TSV on September 6th is a Shark vacuum; all Shark TSVs are vacuums. But that is a smart question, as the Dyson TSV on September 27 is NOT a vacuum, it is a heater. There is a Bissell vacuum TSV on October 1st and a Dyson vacuum TSV on October 11th.

good point

Super Contributor

Thank you, DenimandCo,  I appreciate your quick response! 😊 I look forward to checking out the vacuum that they're offering as a TSV with hopes that it will work for me.

Valued Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 

I gave up a perfectly good Electrolux for a Shark several years ago and  every time  I use it, I am thankful.

It is light, does not hurt my back or my hands (arthritis) and glides under places my other vacuum did not.

I have recommended my version many times - plug in, does not have that large lower piece that prevents it from getting into small spaces, long cord and easy to empty.

Makes vacuuming pleasant, not a chore.

Super Contributor

Coco14, your Shark sounds like what I'm looking for.  I really want a corded version rather than the current trend of chargeable models.  As I mentioned in my original post, reviews are not favorable for the cordless Sharks, as many complain that they have problems with the battery. 

I hope I get a pre-order email for the Shark TSV in a week or so, so that I can check it out.  If it's not what I want, I'll just to have to buy it at Target, but no easy pay, LOL.

Honored Contributor

You can order it now.

https://www.qvc.com/Shark-Slim-DuoClean-Upright-Vacuum-%26-Self-Cleaning-Brushroll.product.V37050.ht...

I own a Shark with a self-cleaning brush roll and it's awesome! Sharks are the best. I own three, all corded.

@Northern Belle 2 

Honored Contributor

I know I'm probably the only person in the world that feels this way but I am so over these vacuums with the filters on them and the canisters that have to be emptied.  Give me a bagged vacuum cleaner any day.  I'm not that big of a moron that I don't know what size bag my vacuum takes.  LOL

My latest vacuum is a Bissel and has a washable filter.  Once I washed it the first time, it needs to be washed every single time that I vacuum now.  If I don't wash it, everything gets clogged and all the dirt/debris goes to one side of the canister, fills up and clogs another part of the vacuum.  And to clean the filter is a disgusting mess.

I also cannot stand the mess of the canister.  Of course for presentations they show everything all nice and tidy in the canister and then easily dumped into the trash.  In reality, my canister gets dog hair and other dirt/dander that flies everywhere when the canister is dumped.   I have to open my trash can and put my canister far down into the bin, dump it and make sure I close the lid quickly before dust, etc. is flying around.         

Super Contributor

SilleeMee, thank you so much for posting the TSV information!

Honored Contributor

@Northern Belle 2    Yes!  It is a vacuum with self-cleaning roller.  See list of September TSVs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment