Respected Contributor

I got an email from QVC today notifying me about an upcoming TSV for a power scrubber. I've had my eye on their long power scrubber, but this is shorter, and cheaper.

I noted that it had NiCad batteries, and knowing they will conk out, checked the manual to see whether they were replaceable. They just had disposal instructions, but the first question under the FAQ was:

Q: Are replacement brushes and spare parts available?

A: Yes, contact the seller where the unit was purchased or call us directly at 877-729-8827. You may also check our website at www. riteworxinnovations.com or email us at sales@riteworxinnovations.com

Figuring since it was Easter no one would be at the number, I tried the website, and riteworxinnovations.com comes up with a GoDaddy ad and the message "Learn how you can get this domain." I tried http://riteworxinnovations.com, and came up with a Service Unavailable/503 error. I tried Googling "rite worx innovations" and came up blank.

I posted a question about this on the product page that hasn't been answered yet. Can anyone else get a different result with the URL? Is it customary for a new firm to load its website only when the product launches? Since it's available for order right now, I'd expect this to be happening. I'm puzzled about all of the above. Needless to say, I'm not ordering.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Upcoming Power Scrubber TSV

@noodleann wrote:

I got an email from QVC today notifying me about an upcoming TSV for a power scrubber. I've had my eye on their long power scrubber, but this is shorter, and cheaper.

I noted that it had NiCad batteries, and knowing they will conk out, checked the manual to see whether they were replaceable. They just had disposal instructions, but the first question under the FAQ was:

Q: Are replacement brushes and spare parts available?

A: Yes, contact the seller where the unit was purchased or call us directly at 877-729-8827. You may also check our website at www. riteworxinnovations.com or email us at sales@riteworxinnovations.com

Figuring since it was Easter no one would be at the number, I tried the website, and riteworxinnovations.com comes up with a GoDaddy ad and the message "Learn how you can get this domain." I tried http://riteworxinnovations.com, and came up with a Service Unavailable/503 error. I tried Googling "rite worx innovations" and came up blank.

I posted a question about this on the product page that hasn't been answered yet. Can anyone else get a different result with the URL? Is it customary for a new firm to load its website only when the product launches? Since it's available for order right now, I'd expect this to be happening. I'm puzzled about all of the above. Needless to say, I'm not ordering.

Seems like a lot of bother to not be ordering. 

Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay I'm not ordering because this business with the website looks squirrelly, but I'm posting because I might be missing something self-evident to others. I need a device like this, but the longer, more expensive one has a working website and I'll probably go with that.

Honored Contributor

Worx is not a new company.  They make lots of outside power tools.  You'll see them sold a lot on late-night TV. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks @noodleann for sharing. I had the same experience with some LED light bulbs bought from HSN. The customer service contact info was incorrect and HSN pretty much said it's not their problem regarding the warranty. I can share my experience with the long handle scrubber. I bought from HSN and spent $18 to return. It didn't have enough power and any pressure stopped the brush head from spinning. The pole was thin and easily flexed. Maybe this shorter scrubber has more power, I don't know. I am not going to find out, though. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Worx is not a new company.  They make lots of outside power tools.  You'll see them sold a lot on late-night TV. 

That does not appear to be the same company. When I plug "scrubber" into their search tool, I get "I'm sorry, we couldn't find any results for your search." They appear to sell some power tools (chain saws, not bathtub cleaners), but mainly yard tools--blowers, edgers, mowers, etc. 

Since Worx is well established, they'd most likely have used their actual company name, not a modification of it. Maybe  RiteWorxInnovations is hoping other people come to your conclusion.

Respected Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

Thanks @noodleann for sharing. I had the same experience with some LED light bulbs bought from HSN. The customer service contact info was incorrect and HSN pretty much said it's not their problem regarding the warranty. I can share my experience with the long handle scrubber. I bought from HSN and spent $18 to return. It didn't have enough power and any pressure stopped the brush head from spinning. The pole was thin and easily flexed. Maybe this shorter scrubber has more power, I don't know. I am not going to find out, though. Smiley Happy

@Starliteshine, thanks for sharing this info. Troubling, if these huge sales channels are not doing due diligence on their vendors. You'd also hope they'd back what they're selling, especially since they toy with our only means of warning others, the reviews.

I wasn't thinking of HSN's scrubber, I was considering the Q's, V33924. It's got pretty decent reviews for the kind of thing I need. I won't be asking it to eradicate stuff I can't get off myself by scrubbing, just save some wear and tear on the rotator cuff.

Valued Contributor

Lol, I thought HSN and the Q sold the same long handle scrubber. I'll check it out.  thanks! 

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the Gardus 8 pc cordless indoor/outdoor power scrubber from QVC for $39.98 when they had a free shipping day.  I use this in my shower mainly and it's a very good product.   I can also get replacement brushes on QVC if needed.  I would recommend you not purchasing the item you're referring to because the replacement brushes are not available on QVC.  For $10 more you can have a much better power scrubber.  Of course the TSV price will probably be a little lower.

Respected Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I purchased the Gardus 8 pc cordless indoor/outdoor power scrubber from QVC for $39.98 when they had a free shipping day.  I use this in my shower mainly and it's a very good product.   I can also get replacement brushes on QVC if needed.  I would recommend you not purchasing the item you're referring to because the replacement brushes are not available on QVC.  For $10 more you can have a much better power scrubber.  Of course the TSV price will probably be a little lower.

I REALLY appreciate this endorsement. Yes, it's the Gardus tool that I was considering, couldn't remember the brand name. And I did see that the replacement brushes were offered. I also like the additional length you get with it. The TSV reminds me a bit of a B&D ScumBuster I had many moons ago, which was heavy and bulky IIRC, and forced you to get down close to the work as well.

I'm going to wait for the next flash Easy Pay offer and pounce. I'd love red, but am afraid of those red towels running, so it'll be white.