Esteemed Contributor

My sister has one.  It's easy to use.  I like the coffee choices.

Trusted Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

@Reever   That's great that your Mr. Coffee is still working after all these years.  I remember when they first came out and Joe DiMaggio did the commercials for them - very cool.  Glad you are happy with it.

People find value in different things and if this $160 coffee system makes a killer cup of coffee (or espresso) then that would be value for me.  Mainly because my husband enjoys coffee so much.  He works very hard and is such a good man that it would be worth every penny to me for the joy it would bring him.  Just sayin'.

Oh you lucky lady!  You go ahead and order this TSV for your wonderful hubby. He will love it!

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

I'm reaching out to any coffee lovers that own the Nespresso.  I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my husband LOVES coffee.  If you do own the Nespresso, do you like it?  Pros/Cons?  Does the TSV seem to be a good deal (pic and link below)?  I have been hesitant to purchase one of these before because I wasn't sure if it was just hype.  I did notice that Costco has the little pods now, so that makes me think it's around to stay and I would love to get it for hubby for Christmas if it makes a great cup of coffee or espresso.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

https://www.qvc.com/Nespresso-Vertuo-Espresso-%26-Coffee-Maker-W-62-Capsules-%26-Coffee-Mug.product....

Nespresso.JPG

$160 for a  coffee maker !?!?   My Mr. Coffee from 1980 is still working just fine thank you.  Paid less than $10 for it too.

I purchased a $9.99 Mr Coffee coffeemaker at Sears in the 80's, too! It held up well for many years. I didn't realize, though, how good coffee could taste until I started grinding my own beans.😋 I'm curious about the Nespresso. @Reever @LoveMeSomeQVC 

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

I'm reaching out to any coffee lovers that own the Nespresso.  I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my husband LOVES coffee.  If you do own the Nespresso, do you like it?  Pros/Cons?  Does the TSV seem to be a good deal (pic and link below)?  I have been hesitant to purchase one of these before because I wasn't sure if it was just hype.  I did notice that Costco has the little pods now, so that makes me think it's around to stay and I would love to get it for hubby for Christmas if it makes a great cup of coffee or espresso.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

https://www.qvc.com/Nespresso-Vertuo-Espresso-%26-Coffee-Maker-W-62-Capsules-%26-Coffee-Mug.product....

Nespresso.JPG

$160 for a  coffee maker !?!?   My Mr. Coffee from 1980 is still working just fine thank you.  Paid less than $10 for it too.

I purchased a $9.99 Mr Coffee coffeemaker at Sears in the 80's, too! It held up well for many years. I didn't realize, though, how good coffee could taste until I started grinding my own beans.😋 I'm curious about the Nespresso. @Reever @LoveMeSomeQVC 

@skyblue Every capsule is popped and brewed fresh.  And is recyclable.  FREE!  

We have the original line machine, and when I see a good deal with coffee will buy the Vertuo line newest machine (not the one QVC is selling) because I am an iced coffee and coffee with milk drinker and it has more options for that in the Vertuo series.  

BUT the original caps make great iced coffee and cappuccinos and lattes also!  NOTHING wrong with those.  And my husband loves the Americano size brews from the caps too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I first discovered Nespresso at a hotel in Québec. I mentioned to my daughter how much I enjoyed using the machine and her then-boyfriend bought one for me for Christmas. I use it all the time. The boyfriend is history but I'm still enjoying my Nespresso coffee.

Regular Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC  I think this is a great value considering all the coffee capsules you get!  And it takes time to figure out what your favorite coffee is...so getting this additional is wonderful.  I have been a Nespresso user since 2012 and they have excellent custumer service.  They completely replaced one of my machines when it didn't get the coffee as hot as I expected.  When you buy new capsules from their website, you always get samples.  They send you bags to recycle the used capsules.  I got a frother with my Vertuo (it's an older version) but I don't use it very often as I prefer black coffee most of the time.  I still enjoy french press on the weekends when I have more time to grind the beans, etc.  but this is really good when you like it brewed fast.  I must say the machine is a bit loud (wish they could make a quieter version)...if anyone is trying to sleep when your brewing, it may wake them up.  But I LOVE mine and when it dies, I will definitely upgrade with a new version.  Your husband should love it!

Valued Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Does this Vertuo model only use Vertuo capsules? 

Yes and they are available from Amazon in a wide variety of options if you have trouble finding them. 

Respected Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Does this Vertuo model only use Vertuo capsules? 

Yes and they are available from Amazon in a wide variety of options if you have trouble finding them. 

Thank you @Ilovetea .

Honored Contributor

I purchased my Nespresso either last year or the year before when it was a BigDeal, and I love it. I also own a Keurig and my husband prefers Keurig, because he doesn't like the foam on Nespresso coffees......I love it though and the coffee is so good, I alternate between my Keurig and Nespresso just depending on what mood I am in......

I too purchase additional pods through Nespresso dot com, and they are quick, easy to order and excellent customer service!

I think your husband will love this!

Regular Contributor

It's tempting but I just purchased the latest Kurig TSV and love ❤️ it. So no I'm not getting this. Also I go to Ollie and buy pods. 80 in a box for $15. Being on a fixed income. That's huge. People that are working can appreciate this Nespresso. Those pods are too expensive. Again I love my Kurig. It looks just like this Nespresso.