Super Contributor

I'm reaching out to any coffee lovers that own the Nespresso.  I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my husband LOVES coffee.  If you do own the Nespresso, do you like it?  Pros/Cons?  Does the TSV seem to be a good deal (pic and link below)?  I have been hesitant to purchase one of these before because I wasn't sure if it was just hype.  I did notice that Costco has the little pods now, so that makes me think it's around to stay and I would love to get it for hubby for Christmas if it makes a great cup of coffee or espresso.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

https://www.qvc.com/Nespresso-Vertuo-Espresso-%26-Coffee-Maker-W-62-Capsules-%26-Coffee-Mug.product....

Nespresso.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I bought this last year when it was the TSV - looks like the same configuration.  I absolutely love mine!!!  The frother on it's own is around $100 and is well worth it.  I order my coffee direct from Nespresso and they have the best customer service.  Usually get my order the next day and free shipping!!!  The also have an auto delivery plan where you can earn free coffee.  The unit itself is very easy to use, and the coffee is always perfect.  The recycling program is simple too.  Just put your pods into the recycling bag and either drop it off at a UPS store or leave it outside when you know UPS is coming.

Can't say enough good things about it and the price on this configuration is fantastic!!

Contributor

I have the Nespresso Vertuo & I like it but do have to put the coffee cup in the microwave for 20 seconds to get it hot after I add my creamer. It doesn't make my coffee as hot as my Keurig does but I use my Nespresso everyday 

Frequent Contributor

The frother has a heat setting which is what I use and I find it to be hot enough for me combined with the hot coffee.  I do understand, however, that some people like their coffee super hot!!

Respected Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

I'm reaching out to any coffee lovers that own the Nespresso.  I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my husband LOVES coffee.  If you do own the Nespresso, do you like it?  Pros/Cons?  Does the TSV seem to be a good deal (pic and link below)?  I have been hesitant to purchase one of these before because I wasn't sure if it was just hype.  I did notice that Costco has the little pods now, so that makes me think it's around to stay and I would love to get it for hubby for Christmas if it makes a great cup of coffee or espresso.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

https://www.qvc.com/Nespresso-Vertuo-Espresso-%26-Coffee-Maker-W-62-Capsules-%26-Coffee-Mug.product....

Nespresso.JPG

$160 for a  coffee maker !?!?   My Mr. Coffee from 1980 is still working just fine thank you.  Paid less than $10 for it too.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

Nespresso.JPG

$160 for a  coffee maker !?!?   My Mr. Coffee from 1980 is still working just fine thank you.  Paid less than $10 for it too.

@Reever Shocked again huh?  No way would you compare your Mr. Coffee with this machine.  It's like comparing your phone from 1980 to the newest Pro model from Apple.

Price function and all.   Both phones can make a call; both machines can make coffee. 

Frequent Contributor

I believe the capsules sold at Costco work with the original line Nespresso machines.  I have the Vertuo model and have to order the capsules from Nespresso.

Honored Contributor

Anyone interested should go to Nespresso and check out the capsules.  Their prices are there, their shipping and customer service are excellent. 

We've ordered from them for many years, and we have bought capsules (the old style is what we have) from a number of places including Williams-Sonoma and my husband always says they aren't as good as Nespresso's

They give us free bags, we put the used capsules in and UPS takes them free of charge to go back for recycling.

Oh, one he DOES like are the Illy ones--which are expensive!  We have a glass candle holder/bowl full of the capsules by the coffee maker and they are so pretty! 

Some machines are 30 off now at the site with a free bowl for capsules

Super Contributor

@Reever   That's great that your Mr. Coffee is still working after all these years.  I remember when they first came out and Joe DiMaggio did the commercials for them - very cool.  Glad you are happy with it.

People find value in different things and if this $160 coffee system makes a killer cup of coffee (or espresso) then that would be value for me.  Mainly because my husband enjoys coffee so much.  He works very hard and is such a good man that it would be worth every penny to me for the joy it would bring him.  Just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

Does this Vertuo model only use Vertuo capsules?