Respected Contributor

Re: Upcoming Earth Origins Suede/Faux Fur Slippers

@KingstonsMom  Marshalls had a pair of Dearfoams on sale for $7.99 this weekend that looks similar to these.  Just a thought if you wanted to see the product and available in different patterns.

Respected Contributor

My issue with all slippers is well there is NO arch support.  Even Vionic...they have the arch support but the footbed is covered in that fluffy stuff that your foots slips around on and becomes very dangerous for walking.  

The other brands like Dearfoams that you find at Kohl's have no arch support at all and are as flat as a pancake.  Can't do that for sure.

I recently picked up a pair of Earth Origins from DSW....they are slip on (Johanna clog)...perfect built in arch support...no slippery inside...great sturdy sole.  I love them...got the brown color and they are the perfect indoor slipper shoe!  Used there coupon and specials up there...$35 was a more then fair price for them.  I just ordered a second pair in gray...so not all EO are terrible.

Can't speak to what Q will be offering but I don't need any now that I found these babiesWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own every iteration of the Earth line and haven't had any problems with any of them.  I have found them all to be high quality and comfortable.

I would order these in a heart beat because I need new slippers but I'm not paying $5.50 for s/h so QVC lost a sale.   

The one thing I really like about these is they have a back on them and fully fit the foot.  I will no longer purchase slippers that my feet just slide into.  After awhile they all stretch out and as @Lali1 said, the faux fur/faux shearling, etc. all mattes down and then the slippers are big and flop off my feet.

Valued Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

My issue with all slippers is well there is NO arch support.  Even Vionic...they have the arch support but the footbed is covered in that fluffy stuff that your foots slips around on and becomes very dangerous for walking.  

The other brands like Dearfoams that you find at Kohl's have no arch support at all and are as flat as a pancake.  Can't do that for sure.

I recently picked up a pair of Earth Origins from DSW....they are slip on (Johanna clog)...perfect built in arch support...no slippery inside...great sturdy sole.  I love them...got the brown color and they are the perfect indoor slipper shoe!  Used there coupon and specials up there...$35 was a more then fair price for them.  I just ordered a second pair in gray...so not all EO are terrible.

Can't speak to what Q will be offering but I don't need any now that I found these babiesWoman Very Happy

The FitFlops I found have nice support, ample toe room and a nice inside fabric . EO brand for me has not worked out well, but I had a few broken toes on my left foot and need a little more room in the toe than I used to. 

Respected Contributor

The Re: Upcoming Earth Origins Suede/Faux Fur Slippers

The most comfortable shoes that I have ever owned are the Clarks un-Loop from the unstructured line. Everything about those shoes are comfort. So when I buy Clarks, I try to stick with the Unstructured line. I also find Spenco to very comfortable for me, vionic not as much. I have a Spenco TSV from a couple of months ago, a suede slide. I wore it to the doctor today and found them to be quite comfortable. I also thought, these make pretty nice slippers too. 

I have been working at home for a year and have worn daily my $35 TSV Spenco slides from a few years ago. Those fit my comfort zone well. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I have never bought a pair of slippers that lasted or were any good. If they have fluff inside it flattens out and they end up too loose and that is dangerous for walking up and down stairs. I bought some 2 strap ugly plastic shoes from amazon when I need something warm I wear thick socks with them. They're ajudstable so I can wear them without socks or with very thick socks. And they are so cushiony and comfy on my feet. 

I have some slippers, but mostly wear warm socks with an old pair of Birkenstocks!  

Honored Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

I have some slippers, but mostly wear warm socks with an old pair of Birkenstocks!  

@mnmom - Me too! But I'm planning to get these. Waiting to see colors!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

They look really long in the foot.  I just purchased a nice pair from LL Bean.  Pricier but probably worth it.  I've ordered lots of Earth brand.  Mostly boots but last year I did get the wool slide slippers.

Esteemed Contributor

These are a pass for me, I agree that the Earth Origins are usually not the best version of any Earth shoe. Plus these slippers are not attractive IMO. Too large and bulky looking. I have clogs that I wear outside that have a similar look.

I was interested in a new pair of slippers but these won't be it for me but that's just my choice.

Respected Contributor

My feet sweat in anything lined in fur.  These are a definite no-no.