Regular Contributor

I am wondering if anyone has pre-ordered the upcoming Duraflame TSV. Not having used anything like this before, I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

@Starpass-

Hi! 

If I had written a review after I first got mine, it would have been five stars.

However after just a few weeks, there was no heat, and then no flame.

The company said it needed a new motor part and sent it but it still didn't work.

I had to pack it up and send it back to QVC.

I really wish it would have worked because I loved the ambience of it all.

I suspect a lot of the good reviews are people reviewing them after they first get them.

And if Duraflame knew there were motor problems, why did they send them out to begin with?!

Maybe they are better now. I got mine several years ago.

I know there are some posters on here who have had better luck with them.

I guess if I was going to get one again, I would go to Walmart and get one and if it didn't work I could just take it back.

Sorry I couldn't be more encouraging.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I have one Duraflame, this will be our third winter together. It's an infrared type heater like the TSV, but not this same model. I love mine. Costs me about 9.5¢ per hour to run it. 

I move it to the kitchen for winter because it's better than my ceramic, coil, or any other type heater I have.

To get the most value from it, I start it when the whole-house furnace kicks on in the morning.

I close the kitchen door, turn the Duraflame on, when it's x-warm in the kitchen I open the door and let the heat extend to another room, and so on.

The furnace shuts off at noon and the rear half of the house stays comfy all afternoon from just the Duraflame continuing to run. 

My cats stay in the part of the house where the heater is.

It provides comfortable supplemental heat to about half the main floor of my house daily, Oct thru April.

really appreciate that infrared heat doesn't 'cook' the air or dry my sinuses, skin, hair.

Honored Contributor

My mother has two cornflakes from the Q.  They are at least five years old.  No issues.  The room gets warm pretty quickly.

Trusted Contributor

I have two Duraflame heaters. One of them is a few years old, & the other I bought last year. They both work great, & I've had no issues with either one. The main thing is that I trust them to go to sleep with it running . I'm not sure why, but I wouldn't feel as comfortable with one that I picked up at a big box store. Just my personal prefernce.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen them in the big box stores in the pretty colors that QVC carries.  Mine is aqua and is in its third year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have had a Duraflame heater for almost 10 years.  I bought it at Kmart for $99.  It still works great and I’ve never had to replace the bulbs.

Regular Contributor

Thank-you all for your responses. For the price, and easy pay, I think I will give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@Starpass-

It's encouraging to know these latest ones have been doing ok! I hope yours will be a good one too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor
I own a small portable Duraflame it works great. That being said Wal-Mart was selling a no name infrared brand for 69.99.