Super Contributor

Upcoming Copper Chef TSV 9/18/2016

[ Edited ]

I see that Copper Chef is a TSV again. While out at a local store today, I was at one called The Christmas Tree Shop, it's mainly a New England store which started on  Cape Cod. I was in today and they g=had a display of Gotham Steel skillets, and Gotham Steel's version of Copper Chef, It was only $49.99. As tempted as I was,  I just don't have a need or want for it. I know they have the Gotham skillets here on QVC.  IMG_20160915_121911116.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Copper Chef TSV 9/18/2016

They had gotham steel on before that look very much like copper chef.  I don't understand what the difference could possibly be.  Gotham did not get many good reviews at all in fact many said food stuck and they scratched inside.  I've seen both in stores and they're less than here. 

I don't buy pots & pans with coatings inside anymore because eventually it peels outs, scratches out or does something weird and I think we end up mixing it in our food.  Do not need that! 

I buy white ceramic inside now, have 3 pans of ceramic now and love them.  This is all I'll buy if & when I ever think I need another pan.

Super Contributor

It was a matter of time before I would see these at retail. Usually in the As Seen On TV aisle of most of the big box stores.  I would bet a farm on them being made in the same Chinese factory

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

They had gotham steel on before that look very much like copper chef.  I don't understand what the difference could possibly be.  Gotham did not get many good reviews at all in fact many said food stuck and they scratched inside.  I've seen both in stores and they're less than here. 

I don't buy pots & pans with coatings inside anymore because eventually it peels outs, scratches out or does something weird and I think we end up mixing it in our food.  Do not need that! 

I buy white ceramic inside now, have 3 pans of ceramic now and love them.  This is all I'll buy if & when I ever think I need another pan.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

They had a big display with the skillets as well, complete with a TV monitor continuosly playing the commercial.  The skillets were $19.99.  IMG_20160915_121939536.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Still using my Revereware pans from the 1970's...........have purchased 'fad' style pans in the past.....they are gone.....but my Revereware pans are still going strong.....

Contributor

Check Woot  -Home .  They have a special today on a gotham steel set.  I think it's only for today though.

Occasional Contributor

You can now get the same  set from Bed Bath Beyond for less with the 20% off coupon, they also carry them at Kitchen Collection.  Also have seen some good deals on Amazon & Ebay.  I read some of the reviews on Amazon and was not impressed. 

Respected Contributor

I live about 20 minutes away from a Christmas Tree Shop. Love to browse in there. Not biting on this TSV. Already have a deep frier which I rarely use, have a steamer and skillets/fry pans. This pan can't do anything that I can already do. The food they are making does look good though haha.

Occasional Contributor

I checked this same deal out at Bed Bath & Beyond, with the 20% discount, then adding tax it's about the same price as the TSV. Went ahead and ordered this early last week and it is on it's way. My husband is a popcorn fanatic, plus the non-stick sold this for me.

Honored Contributor

I heard Eric say this morning that the pan is copper-infused. I have no idea why he or some sites make this statement when there is no copper, other than the color, involved.

Read some of the sites online about how overpriced, overhyped, and truly bad this cookware is.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland