Trusted Contributor

Re: Upcoming Copper Chef TSV 9/17/17

@Tissyanne, do these pots last? I've read so many bad reviews that say they start off great but then the nonstick stops working. Have you found this?
Esteemed Contributor

@Renata22

I just bought a small CC fry pan at Walmart for $14 and have used it several times. 

As with most non-stick, they are great in the beginningCat LOL

Not sure if this stuff will hold up better, but I would be surprised if it does.

Don't think I've EVER owned a non-stick that doesn't degrade over time. 

This set isn't of interest to me, but I might pick up a few more pieces at Walmart, as they are about the cheapest prices I've seen.

Respected Contributor

This induction burner is only 1300 watts.......and watch the demo closely...the glop he's cooking seems to boil/bubble ONLY where the round burner and matching bottom of the pan is....instead of evenly...especially in the soup demo...

IMHO: As-Seen On- TeeVee Gimmick..

Better off buying a well made pan like an All Clad or similar even cooking surface and using your stove....even regular non-stick from a good manufacturer would be better. The pan thickness and evenness of construciton helps the cooking tremendously. THis is just thin metal ( saw them in WalMart).

The reviews seem to indicate the pots peel and scrape up.....again....use a stainless steel pan and never worry about that problem!!!!

Respected Contributor

This is a great price for all you get.   But I just can't stand that aweful color.  I have 3 induction cookers which cost me $89.00/each.  So, if you like this and also like the copper and always wanted to buy one, can't get a better deal.

Respected Contributor

The picture of the chicken on the home page is very misleading.

You will not get a browned chicken using that pan.

I have no idea why every cook thinks a copper pan will make their cooking any better?   It's not the pan, it's what you put inside it!

Another gimmick that people are getting on the bandwagon...marketing genius.

Frequent Contributor

Let's just call QVC the Eric Theiss Channel and be done with it.  Talk about a man that has probably made a fortune...right up there with the pillow guy.

Respected Contributor

Ever notice on the "Food Network" you NEVER see real chefs cooking with these gimmicks and contraptions?

No air fryers, Copper Chef, George Formans, or "Set it and Forget it" rotiserries.....

Ever seen Emeril using an air fryer?

They ALL use  All Clad stainless steel. I never ever see non-stick.

Let's face it.....If you had a product to sell, you'd WANT Eric Thiess to hawk it....he's a fantastic salesman, and combined with David V, they will sell this turkey out by tonight!!!

I LOVE to watch them!!! But you must remember, Eric did NOT bang this thing out in his garage ( neither did Emeril or all the others hawking air fryers, rotisseries, etc)...they are just reps for thier companies, selling the same Chinese made stuff!!!

I always crack up when I hear a caller say "Eric can you make a _________?"

Fun to watch, maybe even fun to buy ( IF you want to make a 47 pound frittata or a 20 pound apple "pie" made with industrial strength institutional-size cans of "apples"!!!)

But NEVER real cooking implements.

PS  I base my comments on seeing the Copper Kraap in the flesh so to speak, at Walmart.

Honored Contributor

Question about induction heating for those who use it..

...how does this differ BETTER than just using a coil electric stove?  Say for warming up milk or coco?  And say frying  an egg  What is the draw? I just do not understand.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

This is a great price for all you get.   But I just can't stand that aweful color.  I have 3 induction cookers which cost me $89.00/each.  So, if you like this and also like the copper and always wanted to buy one, can't get a better deal.

I don't need this item and I do agree with you about the color.   Seems like a great price though.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Ever notice on the "Food Network" you NEVER see real chefs cooking with these gimmicks and contraptions?

No air fryers, Copper Chef, George Formans, or "Set it and Forget it" rotiserries.....

Let's face it.....If you had a product to sell, you'd WANT Eric Thiess to hawk it....he's a fantastic salesman, and combined with David V, they will sell this turkey out by tonight!!!

I LOVE to watch them!!! But you must remember, Eric did NOT bang this thing out in his garage ( neither did Emeril or all the others hawking air fryers, rotisseries, etc)...they are just reps for thier companies, selling the same Chinese made stuff!!!

Fun to watch, maybe even fun to buy ( IF you want to make a 47 pound frittata or a 20 pound apple "pie" made with industrial strength institutional-size cans of "apples"!!!)

PS  I base my comments on seeing the Copper Kraap in the flesh so to speak, at Walmart.

@Othereeeen wrote: