Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Copper Chef TSV 9/17/17

Yes, I've seen Emeril use an air fryer----------when he sells his air fryer on QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Renata22, I have not used the casserole pan enough to say, but the square skillet with lid did start sticking after a while. I finally threw it out, but I already had these two casserole pans bought. TFal works better for me. I bought a large TFal skillet with lid at Target for $28.00, have used it many times, and no issues. These copper pans are a fad, but will eventually sizzle out, in my opinion.  In the meantime, QVC, and Eric are cashing in. 

Valued Contributor

I watched the presentation and have wanted an induction burner. They are on sale at Sam's Club for $50 in black with a 9x5 casserole fry pan. I went there this afternoon and picked one up. It works well. I like the smaller skillet and it's cheaper than the TSV. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne I did think hard about trying the tsv but decided against it.  Don't want something that will stop working in a few months. when the green pans first came out by Todd English I jumped on them. The skillet worked great for a month then was a nightmare to clean. I think they have improved now but the first ones were a bust. 

Someone also pointed out that the induction burner was only cooking in certain spots. I went to the reviews for it and that was happening a lot.  Think I saved myself troubles by avoiding this fad. Will be interested to see reviews of all these sold on the tsv day. 

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Ever notice on the "Food Network" you NEVER see real chefs cooking with these gimmicks and contraptions?

No air fryers, Copper Chef, George Formans, or "Set it and Forget it" rotiserries.....

Ever seen Emeril using an air fryer?

They ALL use  All Clad stainless steel. I never ever see non-stick.

Let's face it.....If you had a product to sell, you'd WANT Eric Thiess to hawk it....he's a fantastic salesman, and combined with David V, they will sell this turkey out by tonight!!!

I LOVE to watch them!!! But you must remember, Eric did NOT bang this thing out in his garage ( neither did Emeril or all the others hawking air fryers, rotisseries, etc)...they are just reps for thier companies, selling the same Chinese made stuff!!!

I always crack up when I hear a caller say "Eric can you make a _________?"

Fun to watch, maybe even fun to buy ( IF you want to make a 47 pound frittata or a 20 pound apple "pie" made with industrial strength institutional-size cans of "apples"!!!)

But NEVER real cooking implements.

PS  I base my comments on seeing the Copper Kraap in the flesh so to speak, at Walmart.

Great post, @Othereeeen. I differ only with two things. One, even though professional cooks undoubtedly use high-end steel cookware, I do like to have some nonstick for certain foods. And two, IMO, the vendor is a negative, not a positive. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@Tissyanne I did think hard about trying the tsv but decided against it.  Don't want something that will stop working in a few months. when the green pans first came out by Todd English I jumped on them. The skillet worked great for a month then was a nightmare to clean. I think they have improved now but the first ones were a bust. 

Someone also pointed out that the induction burner was only cooking in certain spots. I went to the reviews for it and that was happening a lot.  Think I saved myself troubles by avoiding this fad. Will be interested to see reviews of all these sold on the tsv day. 

The poor reviews do concern me. I would rather get it cheaper at Sam's and return it locally than pay for return shipping and wait 2 weeks to be reimbursed.