Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Belle Kim Gravel TSV??

I don't have a problem with anything made in China, because I don't have a problem with the people of China. I DO have a problem with the Chinese government. 

I know at least one or two of QVC's designers keep a close watch on the places their designs are turned into garments. 

One American who supervises a garment factory gave an interview. I can't remember his company, but it was not QVC related. He said he felt really bad for his workers. He lives there and is trying to help them. He also said they are all worried about feeding their families because of the problems right now. 

Honored Contributor

Dear Gussie it sure is cute!  I have the Baroque on my wish list waiting for the on air presentation.  I wish she would bring us some shorts, too!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Dear Gussie it sure is cute!  I have the Baroque on my wish list waiting for the on air presentation.  I wish she would bring us some shorts, too!

@SurferWife It is adorable.  I can't decide between the Baroque or animal/palm.

Esteemed Contributor

@DrakesMomma 

@Kachina624 

@FancyPhillyShopper

Agreed with all your posts.   Why this question comes up so frequently is beyond me.   Get over it folks.  We are not making clothing in this country except maybe a few companies.  If you have a problem buying imported clothes then maybe you should take up sewing and make your own.    You will soon find out how much it costs to buy material.  

Respected Contributor

The day there was linen Denim and Co. pants for TSV, there were similar threads requesting American made clothes. The TSV was something like $35. I found a similar pair made in great state of North Carolina by a company called American Giant. There were $102. That’s why there are so few American made clothes.

My son loves American Giant hoodies, but they’re a hundred bucks.
Super Contributor

I have one of her poncho sets and the tank is so flimsy was wondering if this will be the same.  I prefer Susan's tank tops

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife It is adorable.  I can't decide between the Baroque or animal/palm.

@Pecky @SurferWife Do either of you ladies have experience with her sizing?  I am wondering if her shirts are more brick and mortar sizing or QVC sizing.  TIA!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer 

I would say it is more QVC sizing than B&M sizing.  I normally wear a Large in QVC tops & order a Large in Kim's blouses as well.  The last couple that I have bought fit PERFECTLY.  I have bought some of her cotton/modal tops in the past that fit a bit too big, but the more fitted blouses fit quite nicely.

I hope this helps.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much @SurferWife , that is very helpful!  I have only bought a couple tops from QVC, an Aran Craft sweater and an Isaac Mizrahi sweater, and I found both ran 1-2 sizes bigger than B&M tops.

I look forward to trying this TSV!  

@SurferWife 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I have one of her poncho sets and the tank is so flimsy was wondering if this will be the same.  I prefer Susan's tank tops

@Unhooked42    I've found the fabrics from which Kim's clothing is made to be of very poor quality.  The tops are thin and loosely woven.  The pants "grow" throughout the day as you wear them.  It all screams, "cheap" except for the price tags

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment