Occasional Contributor

I ordered TSV because I love the colors and I collect umbrellas in various stages of disrepair; however, I can’t stomach the product demonstrations. Of course “Big Mike” gets wet when he closes his umbrella. He intentionally closes it while he’s holding it over his head. Who does that?!  If he tilted it when he closed it (like a normal person would), he wouldn’t get wet. In addition, using a regular automatic open/close umbrella would produce the same effect as the car demonstration.

Respected Contributor

It's funny that ShopLC had a special on these umbrellas yesterday.  Talk about stuff we really don't need.  I can't even remember the last time I used an umbrella.....I always either wear a hooded jacket or carry one with me when there's a possibility of rain (I have the kind that converts into a little pouch/bag.  When it rains here, it's usually windy too, so the jacket works better for me, especially when I need my hands for carrying groceries, gym bag, etc.  (Just happened to me last Friday.)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@VeeGeeThePisces  Even if he tilted it when closing it and wasn't holding it over his head, he would get wet as he would have to lower it and the rain would get him.  It's nearly impossible with a regular umbrella not to get wet closing it.  Plus with a regular umbrella you trail water anywhere you are going after closing it which isn't that great. A regular umbrella either gets you wet or your car interior wet when you put in on the floor and have to pass it over your body so yes this umbrella is great!  I have a larger version and it's the best and everyone who sees it wants to know how to get one!!  It amazes me how some look for things to find fault with that they don't like or want!    If you've never used one how can you judge or state it doesn't work great!!???

Occasional Contributor

Re: Umbrella Demonstration

[ Edited ]

I see you didn't read my comment but still want to chime in.  I wasn't commenting about the new umbrella but what happens when using an ordinary umbrella. No, I'm not finding fault but just stating my observation.  You explaination of why he'd get wet is just as over the top as QVC's. I don't need a lesson from you. Move along.

Respected Contributor

Either way the umbrella closes, one will still get wet a little and so will the inside of your car because of the simple fact the umbrella is wet. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the comment.  That's the point I was making. Watch the "Big Mike" demo.  You won't be able to unsee what I'm talking about.  He'd be just as dry as the other person if he tilted his umbrella down.

Honored Contributor

These umbrellas were a tsv in the past.  I caught some of the demo just a bit ago with Jill.  Was going to get 2 sets, one for me and ond for my Sis - until I read the reviews.

Not making this purchase now.

Honored Contributor

Living In Seattle, I have several umbrellas....buy them at Costco. Work fine. 

Trusted Contributor

@VeeGeeThePisces wrote:

I see you didn't read my comment but still want to chime in.  I wasn't commenting about the new umbrella but what happens when using an ordinary umbrella. No, I'm not finding fault but just stating my observation.  You explaination of why he'd get wet is just as over the top as QVC's. I don't need a lesson from you. Move along.

@VeeGeeThePisces- Your original post was ambigous; I too though you were talking about the TSV umbrella - which I have and works great.

Your reponse to @Pook was rather nasty.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

It's funny that ShopLC had a special on these umbrellas yesterday.  Talk about stuff we really don't need.  I can't even remember the last time I used an umbrella.....I always either wear a hooded jacket or carry one with me when there's a possibility of rain (I have the kind that converts into a little pouch/bag.  When it rains here, it's usually windy too, so the jacket works better for me, especially when I need my hands for carrying groceries, gym bag, etc.  (Just happened to me last Friday.)

@2blonde  I don't own one single umbrella. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment