Honored Contributor

I have a Dooney nylon bag that didn't cost me as much as this Kipling bag.  Not saying one brand is better than the other, just saying there are cheaper options.  I'm not sure how it got what appears to look like a grease stain on the bottom corner but it did and I cannot get it out.

It's just not possible for me to always have my handbag on me or across me.      

Valued Contributor

Just an over priced Travelon bag. Seen better Travelon bags. Not for me, will stick with the two travelon bags I have. 

Honored Contributor

This brand mimics the brand Lug here I think.  I don't like either of these styles especially for a 'purse'.  first they have way too many pockets - how do keep track of where you stashed everything?  Too crazy for me even though I love to be organized in a handbag, a few pockets does me just fine.

This brand also looks like the cheap version of Lug and today's special really more looks like a diaper bag.  No thanks for many reasons.  As for the dangling monkey - I think it's not necessary, makes the bag look childish, and cheapens it even more.

Trusted Contributor

Guess I am childish and cheap these days.   This animal lover finds the monkey adorable.  Just not in love with the bag.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

How old are we supposed to be to stop liking these bags?

Super Contributor

why does the fabric on this bag looks like it has water stain on it?

I'm all for a light bag... but the fabric looks washed up or something..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

This brand mimics the brand Lug here I think.  I don't like either of these styles especially for a 'purse'.  first they have way too many pockets - how do keep track of where you stashed everything?  Too crazy for me even though I love to be organized in a handbag, a few pockets does me just fine.

This brand also looks like the cheap version of Lug and today's special really more looks like a diaper bag.  No thanks for many reasons.  As for the dangling monkey - I think it's not necessary, makes the bag look childish, and cheapens it even more.

@PINKdogWOOD  I have Lug and have looked at Kipling many times at TJM or Marshall's.  The Kipling is much better made than Lug or Travelon.   It may "look" like a cheap version of a Lug but it's not.  You can't tell much from an internet photo or from the TV.  I think it's best to see them in person before making judgment calls about them.

Honored Contributor

Lug is a fairly new brand from a young couple in Canada.  I've given my daughter four of them so far and I have about the same amount.

Kipling has been around for 30 years, I don't see how that mimics Lug.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Honestly, I wouldn't look at bags like either brand - Lug nor Kipling, just not my style.  And as I said way too many pockets for my liking.

To each her own.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Pearlee  Honestly, I wouldn't look at bags like either brand - Lug nor Kipling, just not my style.  And as I said way too many pockets for my liking.

To each her own.

@PINKdogWOOD  Well my point didn't have anything to do with "to each her own" i.e.  a person's preferences in bags.  It was about making judgments about the quality of items without ever seeing or touching them in person,which is what you did. I'm sorry you missed my point.