Trusted Contributor

I don't have a stick up my bum and like the monkey.

Contributor

I love this topic and post. LOL

And I agree! What does Rudyard Kipling have to do with purses? Sheesh, a stretch, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Point is true about so many marketing campaigns. It's no different than an alligator, horse riding polo player, Vera huge patterns,Dooney duck and Disney or cupcake themes, or any other branding. I think this one is fun. I say let's SHEESH them all.....who needs any whimsy or fun in anything????  

Valued Contributor

I'll join the list of those who have never in my 60+ years heard of this ugly brand.  I want to carry a handbag that is functional, attractive and LEATHER.  Now I guess QVC is on a nylon or whatever the fabric is of this and LUG bags are kick.  Wonder how many tsv's we'll see of this type bag now?  I am a fan of Vera Bradley when it comes to lightweight bags to carry to festivals, etc., but you can shop around for different weights in leather bags and they are so much prettier and more lady like.  Won't be watching this brand shows, not that anyone cares!!

Valued Contributor

Well I guess I like ugly bags, if you include the Angie Kipling in that group.  I can't wait to wear my ugly bag around town and get laughed at. 

Respected Contributor

@saltysails I'm with you! I just ordered the TSV in the Bran color, and can't wait to get it. I'm 62, absolutely love my Dooneys, Coaches, and the Sak I'm currently carrying, but this Kipling is a new style for me. I like to change things up sometimes!

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I have a Kipling insulated lunch tote that I love (the monkey fob went straight into the Goodwill bag) and it's held up well over the year I've used it nearly every day.

That said, I just don't see the deal in this TSV. It's $15.00 off the full price which is not even a 20% savings.

Whatever happened to really great TSV prices?@gardensla

The great TSV prices are gone for good😰

Respected Contributor

ALL of us don't have multiples of this type bag...I have one other nylon bag, it's a hobo style. I'm trying something new (for me) today!

@Katcat1 wrote:

How many of these type bags do we need or WANT?    Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@saltysails I'm with you! I just ordered the TSV in the Bran color, and can't wait to get it. I'm 62, absolutely love my Dooneys, Coaches, and the Sak I'm currently carrying, but this Kipling is a new style for me. I like to change things up sometimes!

@vermint  and @saltysails

I'm with both of you.  Kipping has been a popular brand for years, and in different countries, also.  I had one years ago when my daughter was a child and I had to pack around a lot of things.  I remembered the logo immediately.

I have so many Dooneys, Coach and other expensive leather bags but I'm tired of lugging around all that weight.  For everyday I've switched to Lug, but this is a nice change.

Love the Bran and ordered that one, it's very urban chic.

Honored Contributor

Lug has a bag with the same east west shape and style:

lug