Honored Contributor

Todays SV A293707 looks very functional, but IMO its not very attractive.  The fob with the half monkey is disgusting.  JMO.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The monkey is their trade market fob and has been on their bags for eons.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox     I did not know that.  Thanks for the reply.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

From Wipeapedia

Kipling's name was inspired by Rudyard Kipling, the author of The Jungle Book. The original designers wanted a name everyone in the world could pronounce – a name that wouldn't have any strange or unexpected meanings in another language.

The monkey key-hanger is usually associated to Kipling brand. Every Kipling bag comes with a monkey key-hanger. Originally, there was only one type of monkey, which could be easily recognized by its shape and characteristic colored fur. Since Kipling has developed several collections representing several styles, the monkey evolved as well. Now each collection corresponds to a type of monkeys.

The "monkey" figure on the key-hanger is tailless, and perhaps would be better termed an "ape", however, the terms "monkey" and "ape" are sometimes used interchangeably in casual usage. The Kipling logo used on the Kipling website is a monkey with a tail, and so is a "monkey" by any definition.

The original furry monkeys from Kipling brand have a label with a name on it. The different names come from Kipling employees all over the world. Each name corresponds to a color.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I agree.  It's not very stylish and I'm not a fan.

Respected Contributor

I've never heard of these bags and I don't like the monkey either.  

Honored Contributor

I have plenty of need for a useful and sturdy bag that comes in well under $100. I can be so hard on a purse in everyday life. It gets tossed on car floors, set in the grocery buggy (ick), set on a public floor or the ground even, sometimes. I'm down to only one expensive bag, and simply can't justify the crazy money for a lot of the bags out there today. 

I've pretty much gone to Vera Bradley because they can be washed, are light, and I choose styles that zip closed completely.

Never heard of the TSV brand, but will be watching a presentation to see what they are all about!

Trusted Contributor

That is one ugly bag.  I agree with the OP.

Honored Contributor

This isn't my style and I personally don't care for nylon handbags.  I've had them and ended up getting them dirty and couldn't get them clean. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree!!! It is one ridiculously ugly bag. Lug handbags are soooooooooo much better and more attractive.