Honored Contributor

UPDATE: TSV Storage Bags... NOT CANVAS!

[ Edited ]

I bought this TSV and received them today and boy what a disappointment. The  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Storage Bags... NOT CANVAS!

Are they plastic?do you think you will return them?I looked at that tsv and almost purchased but I read that the ziplock bags dont stay sealed and that decided it.

Honored Contributor

SORRY....

....the description of the item on line says it's a canvas.  I own canvas storage bags and paid about $29 apiece for them so I thought what a great deal.  But they aren't canvas.  They are a plastic-ish material that supermarkets sell for their re-usable bags.  Canvas is defined as:  

a strong, course unbleached cloth made from hemp, flax, cotton or similar yarn, used to make items such as sails and tents and as a surface for oil painting.  "a canvas bag"....

Honestly.... not advertised correctly and now I understand why six of these storage bags/boxes were so cheap.  They ARE cheap.....  

Will probably send back....  no wonder QVC's customers are losing faith in them.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Are they plastic?do you think you will return them?I looked at that tsv and almost purchased but I read that the ziplock bags dont stay sealed and that decided it.

Yes, they are a plastic of some type.  Probably strong enough but they advertised canvas and they're not.  I didn't know the zip locks didn't stay shut.....  now I AM going to send them back.

I'm so fed up and livid right now.....

Honored Contributor

@Q4u Ask for a shipping refund then if the product was misrepresented.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u You are absolutely right in the description it does state that they are canvas, I ordered these too and thought the same as you, I refuse to pay shipping back for a product that was misrepresented!

This SuperPack set equips you with six jumbo canvas totes:

Honored Contributor

I took a screen shot of the listing, and it still says canvas!  I've seen them change that if there's enough complaints, but I have it  I just called customer service and they said to write it on the return slip under comments but the CS rep I got was underwhelmed and I've never been told that, they usually make some notation on my account.  I'm calling back. Return for these is $9.00....

I'm seeing things misrepresented all the time (not necessarily QVC).  Like these people don't know the definition of Canvas~!  Just call it whatever you want, no one knows stuff like that anymore..... and they're likely right.

But do and that's what I thought I was buying.  Had they said these were made out of a plasticy material like the reusable bags from supermarkets, I would have easily passed.  

Honored Contributor

I understood them to be Space Bags that went into a canvas outer bag.  The TSVs of earlier configurations that I got met that description.  Are you sure you got all you were supposed to get? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just called again and the first rep apparently did not make a notation on my account (as you know this complicates the return process and they will deduct the shipping unless noted).  The second rep made a notation and said for me to mention it on the return receipt (which I did).... so I think I'll be ok with the return postage now.  And I'm calming down..... 

Honored Contributor

Yes, the outer box with the zipper is made out of the same material the grocery store reusable bags are made from..... all six boxes with the Damask print as well as the six space bags and two extra bags and the cards to write on telling what is inside them.....are accounted for....