Respected Contributor

Re: True Botanicals TSV - December 5, 2023

@Q-Checker wrote:

@fairydogmother- Can you share which Rafa products you are using on your "elderly" skin? Thanks! !

the rosehip and hibiscus serum, the antioxidant serum and the hydra moisture cream. I use one serum a.m. and one p.m. followed by Aveeno daily moisturizer with spf in the morning and the hydra moisture cream before bed.I mix the serums with a vitamin c serum from Amazon (inexpensive). If I've worn makeup, I cleanse with Cetaphil and a washcloth, follow with Dr. Thayers witch hazel toner that contains 2% glycolic and lactic acids.

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

YAWN - another OVERPRICED celebrity endorsed product making RIDICULOUS claims.  The products probably are heavily frangranced - NO THANKS.

Respected Contributor

No offense if it does work for some people, but i think if these pricey lines really worked, celebs would not be needing surgery or fillers.

For me, (I've tried) none of the hyped pricey products do anything  other than basic cleanse and moisture- but that's my experience. Instead, I put my money into Botox every 6 months, and no lines or wrinkles ! None. 

Super Contributor

Thank you @fairydogmother !

Respected Contributor

Has anyone read the ingredient list for this so called True Botanical product?  Didn't know alcohol was a botanical but then I am not a chemist....

Honored Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

Has anyone read the ingredient list for this so called True Botanical product?  Didn't know alcohol was a botanical but then I am not a chemist....

@SaveTheTurtles 

Most alcohols used in skincare products are sourced from plants. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is no magic bullet as we know.   I did do some research on Chebula.. If you look at the before and after photos they are showing after 6 weeks, the results are not earth shattering.  I do believe that if you take good care of your skin in the very beginning at a young age, the results can be very effective - and staying out of the sun and using SPF protection.   But trying to get rid of lines and wrinkles with topical skin care products won't do the job.   If they did, so many people wouldn't be getting injectable's and face lifts.

https://www.byrdie.com/chebula-for-skin-5114245

Honored Contributor

Just start using Retin-A as soon as you can. The sooner the better. I wish I had started a lot soon than I did. It addresses most all of the signs of aging all in one product.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not buying because I have plenty of skin care. I don't know why some of you think the price is ridiculous...only $45.00 per product. That's not unreasonable to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal wrote:

I'm not buying because I have plenty of skin care. I don't know why some of you think the price is ridiculous...only $45.00 per product. That's not unreasonable to me.

maybe because the skin care I use is $24 per product. Some of my items are even less. And I am satisfied with how they work for me. 

Harmonize the World