Occasional Contributor

Tree -- PLEASE disassemble and turn ON the studio lights

[ Edited ]

Today's tree is beautiful.  I wish they would turn ON the STUDIO lights so we can better see the trees, AND please show us how easy they are to assemble/dissemble.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tree -- PLEASE disassemble and turn ON the studio lights

Obviously they are not as easy to assembled/disassemble as they say.  Otherwise they would show it in all the presentations.  They keep the studio lights low because when we light our trees at home, that's when we see the beauty of the lights.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the lights dimmed since I prefer to see how it looks lit as that is what I am looking for when purchasing a Christmas tree. However, I do agree they should show how to assemble. I did purchase it but am a little concerned how easy it is to assemble. Fingers crossed as that is one reason we got rid of the last one. It was so darn heavy and assembly took both my husband and I a couple hours. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 I have a BL tree from QVC and it is very easy to assemble and disassemble. All you do is insert each pole into the next. The parts are labeled 1, 2, 3 so you know what part goes next. I also have a Hallmark tree from here and it assembles the same way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was on the phone with my out of town husband during the presentation and we were talking about it, not buying it, but just about the price, etc.  We discussed how our tree the hardest part is finding the plugs for each section before you added it to the tree.  They did show adding the top section and there is no plug.  When you add the sections, the lights come on.  So, in that sense it's easier than my tree.  So, unless there's some trick to lining up the section to get it in, it seems pretty simple.

Actually, the hardest part for me is the center section because I'm only 5'2" and it's really bulky and heavy and trying to find that hole to get the pole in. Also, I tend to try to do things myself rather than getting my husband to help.   I am woman, you know.  But, I'm also in good shape and it's still a bit difficult.  So, at least for the larger trees, I can see that being an issue for ladies who may not have someone to help them, and of course elderly people.  

That vendor looked really large BTW, especially next to Jane.  He looked to be right at the height of the 7' tree when he was standing next to it.  I don't normally like the hosts demo'ing, but in this case it might be advised or get a smaller vendor to demo it.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess no plugs for each section. You just insert it into the hole of the previous section and the lights come on. To disassemvle, you just pull it out of the hole. Easy peasy.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to all for your input.  I was watching when the trees first aired at Midnight.  I was talking to the TV screen, "please turn on the studio lights, please take it apart."  They didn't hear me.  haha

I appreciate your time.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Icegoddess no plugs for each section. You just insert it into the hole of the previous section and the lights come on. To disassemvle, you just pull it out of the hole. Easy peasy.

@DJs mom I did say that.  I first mentioned MY tree which does have plugs which makes it more difficult than this tree.  

Valued Contributor

I really like this tree, but I hate the $600 price. (7 ft) Guess I'll stick with the one I have. I think this will be the 7th Christmas I've had it.

Trusted Contributor

@DJs mom Thank you so much. I'm so excited to receive it.