Honored Contributor

Tracphone TSV, if you see one, RUN

I have totally had it with Tracphone.  I purchased mine two years ago with a Christmas TSV.  What they don't tell you is local Tracphone providers will give you ZERO help if you purchased this phone from QVC.  I'm talking about Verizon and Walmart, my only local suppliers.  We have almost no cellphone service here so that was my first venture into cellphones.  A friend of DH's wife set this up for me.  Things went smoothly for two years, I paid 20.00 for 3 months service and renewed with little trouble.  Today I had to change expiration date on debit card.  After several attempts to process my payment I gave up.  I now have no phone for hospital trip tomorrow.  I use this phone maybe once every two months if that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracphone TSV, if you see one, RUN

Doesn't Tracfone have an 800# for assistance?  Did you try it?

Trusted Contributor

Tracphone number 1-800-867-7183. hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

I admit, working with their cust. service is hard but we have had them for 3 years and I've had 3 new phones, my newest was just 2 weeks again, i did it all on my own and never needed to call their CS.

We were paying 135 per month for our phones, now we renew each year at 120 or so each and I add some GB and text's throughout the year but I bet we pay 280 TOPS per year, such a huge savings for us.

I hope CS can help assist you, Tracphone can be such a great option!

Honored Contributor

I am going on 10 years with tracfone and never have had any issues with CS or really the need for it. I have bought phones from QVC, HSN and even bought my own and got just what i needed and wanted. Most times it was all done online too. So sorry you are having troubles. You need to talk to someone maybe.

Respected Contributor

@depglass  Call TracFone 1-800-867-7183 & ask them to update the the info with your debt card. I use TracFone cards with a flip phone & only had 1 problem, their CS was great. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Please  call that phone   number that was posted for help w/   updating your credit card  for your tracfone.

I'm very pleased with my phones plus service.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

Verison and Walmart are not service centers for Tracfone.  You have to phone their 800 number or better yet.........do an online chat on your computer and save it. 

Honored Contributor

Neither Verizon nor Walmart would be able to help you with this, if you are having problems changing your credit card info online, you have use the number people have given you and call customer service.  I had a Tracphone for years and never had any problems.  I had to call customer service a couple of times over the years, I don't remember why but I got excellent service.  Right now you are flustered and upset.  Relax and call customer service.  

Respected Contributor

I've had a Tracfone for years.  It's not a Smart Phone and I keep it in my purse for emergencies.  It costs me $20 every 3 months to add airtime to keep the phone number active.  Works for me.