Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@sabra wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sabra wrote:

Do the 1350 minutes/text/data expire?  If so, when?  When you buy a new card how much is it and for how long?  Also, I have a phone from Walmart and use Straighttalk ($30/month).  Can the phone number from this phone (it's a Samsung) be transferred to the LG phone?  TIA


 

hi @sabra! The Tracfone rep will probably answer your questions but in the meantime I can tell you that Straighttalk cannot be transferred to Tracfone. 

 

The minutes/text/data don't expire and the TSV phone comes with 365 days of service (air time). When the 365 days are over you have to purchase more minutes in order to receive more airtime but you will be able to keep any minutes you may have left. Just be sure you add more before the year is over or you will lose everything - minutes/text/data - including your phone number

 

You could also purchase a new phone before the 365 days are up and transfer everything, including your phone # to the new phone. 

 

Data goes quickly, but if you have wifi, you can save your data for times when wifi is unavailable. Using wifi you can surf the net, watch Netflix, etc without using data. Just be sure to disable the data unless you need it. 

 


Thanks SuzieQ.  I should have been more specific on the straightalk thing.  All I really need to know is if I can keep my phone number.  It's not a smart phone and I have very little info on it.


@sabraPlease be advised that minutes would not expire as long as the phone is active. Phone will remain active as long as the phone has service days. Also, phone will be deactivated right away once it is out of service days. Better add a card on or before the service end date to keep the service active. The minutes will just rollover. You could also transfer a phone number from Straight Talk to TracFone. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@Bigbear52 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

Heres a tip for those buying the Tracfone. Make sure the phone is off when not in use. I had  mine in my purse and something in my purse must have leaned on the button and turned it on, and it ate all my DATA while I was out shopping!

 

I still have all my text and talk minutes but zero data, so now I have to buy a card and fill it and i just got the other LG TSV phone a month or 2? ago so Im not thrilled because that data would have lasted me 6 months had this not happened!

 

Other than that I love the phone. But I thought Id mention this to just make sure its off when not in use "while you are away from wifi", or your data will be gone in no time too!


@Shorty2U You can buy 1gb data for your phone on the Tracfone website for $10. You don't have to buy a card that will give you extra mins, text & data.

I keep my cell phone in a pouch/holder so it cannot make calls or anything else.



@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

Heres a tip for those buying the Tracfone. Make sure the phone is off when not in use. I had  mine in my purse and something in my purse must have leaned on the button and turned it on, and it ate all my DATA while I was out shopping!

 

I still have all my text and talk minutes but zero data, so now I have to buy a card and fill it and i just got the other LG TSV phone a month or 2? ago so Im not thrilled because that data would have lasted me 6 months had this not happened!

 

Other than that I love the phone. But I thought Id mention this to just make sure its off when not in use "while you are away from wifi", or your data will be gone in no time too!


@Shorty2U You can buy 1gb data for your phone on the Tracfone website for $10. You don't have to buy a card that will give you extra mins, text & data.

I keep my cell phone in a pouch/holder so it cannot make calls or anything else.


Yes, data only cards. They sell them at a local supermarket here.$10.00. I don't think the data only cards are tripled though. I could be wrong. I love my new Samsung Tracfone. I only wish Tracfone would start carrying phones with gyroscopes. I can't treally enjoy using a virtual reality headset without a gyro. 


@Bigbear52 Please be advised that the 1GB data card would not triple because this is considered as a Smartphone Only card. Only regular TracFone paygo cards would triple. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@sabra wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sabra wrote:

Do the 1350 minutes/text/data expire?  If so, when?  When you buy a new card how much is it and for how long?  Also, I have a phone from Walmart and use Straighttalk ($30/month).  Can the phone number from this phone (it's a Samsung) be transferred to the LG phone?  TIA


 

hi @sabra! The Tracfone rep will probably answer your questions but in the meantime I can tell you that Straighttalk cannot be transferred to Tracfone. 

 

The minutes/text/data don't expire and the TSV phone comes with 365 days of service (air time). When the 365 days are over you have to purchase more minutes in order to receive more airtime but you will be able to keep any minutes you may have left. Just be sure you add more before the year is over or you will lose everything - minutes/text/data - including your phone number

 

You could also purchase a new phone before the 365 days are up and transfer everything, including your phone # to the new phone. 

 

Data goes quickly, but if you have wifi, you can save your data for times when wifi is unavailable. Using wifi you can surf the net, watch Netflix, etc without using data. Just be sure to disable the data unless you need it. 

 


Thanks SuzieQ.  I should have been more specific on the straightalk thing.  All I really need to know is if I can keep my phone number.  It's not a smart phone and I have very little info on it.


@sabra Yes. You can keep your Straight Talk phone number. You can have it transferred to this TracFone phone as long as the number is active. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@mabeleroo wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to order this phone but customer service says it will have to charge 18.00 in taxes. When I tried to order a similarly priced phone on amazon the tax was only 8. 

Please explain,

Mabeleroo from California


@mabelerooPlease be advised that our system would generate the stipulated taxes for every state. Also, the prices of our handsets are selected by dealers and may vary. Amazon is not an authorized dealer/distributor of TracFone services. ^Tiffany

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-06-2012

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

Thanks for the reply.  I guess my confusion is that when I look at the website, I don't see data and text listed anywhere in the top two sections.  To my eye, only minutes are available for purchase in the top two sections.  I only see data and texts available in the third section (the smartphone only plans.)  So again, I guess I'm left wondering how one would ever get triple their data or texts.  Am I still missing something?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,151
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

[ Edited ]

@mickey08 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I guess my confusion is that when I look at the website, I don't see data and text listed anywhere in the top two sections.  To my eye, only minutes are available for purchase in the top two sections.  I only see data and texts available in the third section (the smartphone only plans.)  So again, I guess I'm left wondering how one would ever get triple their data or texts.  Am I still missing something?


@mickey08 If you purchase one of the cards in the 1st top section 1500, 1000 or 400 min cards you will receive 1 year service + triple mins, triple text & triple data. Instead of 1500 you would get 4500 mins, text, data, purchase 1000 mins you get 3000 mins, text, data or 400 mins you will get 1200 mins, text & data. 

Not sure how the 2nd section Pay As You Go Works since I have not checked it out or used it. 

The 3rd section is for SmartPhones or BYOP Only. You get what you see on the screen if you purchase from this section. The mins, data & text Do Not Triple.

You have to decide which is the better option for you.

DH does more texting so he bought the 1000 texts for $5 since he did not need more service days or mins.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,288
Registered: ‎03-27-2012

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@mickey08 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I guess my confusion is that when I look at the website, I don't see data and text listed anywhere in the top two sections.  To my eye, only minutes are available for purchase in the top two sections.  I only see data and texts available in the third section (the smartphone only plans.)  So again, I guess I'm left wondering how one would ever get triple their data or texts.  Am I still missing something?


@mickey08 As long as you purchase from either of the top two sections ("One Year" or "Pay as You Go") you will receive all three things - triple minutes, triple texts, and triple data.

 

You're absolutely right, it only says minutes, but it really is all three. They sure don't make it very clear! 

 

The only time your texts and data won't be tripled is if you buy them individually from the third section. Those come just as they are listed and don't triple. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

racfone.com


@Nightowlz wrote:

@mickey08 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I guess my confusion is that when I look at the website, I don't see data and text listed anywhere in the top two sections.  To my eye, only minutes are available for purchase in the top two sections.  I only see data and texts available in the third section (the smartphone only plans.)  So again, I guess I'm left wondering how one would ever get triple their data or texts.  Am I still missing something?


@mickey08 If you purchase one of the cards in the 1st top section 1500, 1000 or 400 min cards you will receive 1 year service + triple mins, triple text & triple data. Instead of 1500 you would get 4500 mins, text, data, purchase 1000 mins you get 3000 mins, text, data or 400 mins you will get 1200 mins, text & data. 

Not sure how the 2nd section Pay As You Go Works since I have not checked it out or used it. 

The 3rd section is for SmartPhones or BYOP Only. You get what you see on the screen if you purchase from this section. The mins, data & text Do Not Triple.

You have to decide which is the better option for you.

DH does more texting so he bought the 1000 texts for $5 since he did not need more service days or mins.


Hi @Nightowlz You would get triple minutes if you would purchase one of TracFone's pay as you go cards and 1-year cards. If you go to the website, you will see there three sections. First is the 1-year card section, second is the pay as you go section and the last one is for the Smartphones Only and BYOP handsets. Please note that all these cards would triple except for the Smartphones and BYOP handsets only airtime cards. Thanks. ^Tiffany 

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@mickey08 wrote:
The presentation advertises that you get 3x the minutes, data, and text but then says you cannot apply the triple amount to any smart phone only plan. Since data and text are only available for smart phone only plans, how does one ever get 3x data and 3x text?

 

@mickey08 If you look at the Tracfone website for adding airtime there are three sections. The one that does not triple is the one listed as "Smartphones and BYOP Only Plans." As long as you stick with the frist two - either the "One Year" or "Pay as you go" plans they will triple. These will work for the TSV.

 

Also, data and texts will not triple if you add them separately from under the listing "Smartphones & BYOP Only Plans." Those are just as you see them - 1GB Data for $10 or 1,000 texts for $5.

 

Data and texts will triple, as well as the minutes, as long as you get them from the top two sections. Here is a link for the Tracfone website. Hope that helps. 

 

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=true&app=TRACFONE&lang=en


Hi @SusieQ_2 If you go to the TracFone website, you will see there three sections for the airtime cards. First one is the 1-year cards section, second is the pay as you go section and the last one is the Smartphone and BYOP Plans section. Please be advised that you will get triple minutes if you add any of the 1-year cards and the pay as you go airtime cards. Triple minutes would mean triple voice units, triple text units and triple megabytes of data. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sabre  @Once you get a number,  you can transfer it anywhere as long as there's no break in your service.  You keep your minutes and transfer them from year to year as long as there's no break in service.   Once your initial year expires,  there are various plans available through TracFone. Go to their website to see them.


@Kachina624 Yes. You are right. You can transfer a phone number from one TracFone to another as long as the number is active. You should add an airtime on or before the service end date to keep the service active. Remaining minutes will just rollover. Thanks. ^Tiffany