Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,839
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

Heres a tip for those buying the Tracfone. Make sure the phone is off when not in use. I had  mine in my purse and something in my purse must have leaned on the button and turned it on, and it ate all my DATA while I was out shopping!

 

I still have all my text and talk minutes but zero data, so now I have to buy a card and fill it and i just got the other LG TSV phone a month or 2? ago so Im not thrilled because that data would have lasted me 6 months had this not happened!

 

Other than that I love the phone. But I thought Id mention this to just make sure its off when not in use "while you are away from wifi", or your data will be gone in no time too!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@Nightowlz wrote:

Just wondering why I cannot use a GSM Tracfone in my zip code with AT&T?

I want one of the 16gb Samsung Tracfones but they always say does not work in my area when I enter my zip code?

Are you ever going to offer a 16gb or 32gb Tracfone? 8gb does not have enough room for all the apps you want & you cannot put them on the sd card either nor can you delete the apps you put on there we don't want.

I read that if I buy a GSM phone that it may or may not work. It's up to AT&T to decide if they want to let it work in their network???

We may have to buy a contract phone to get what DH wants since Tracfone seems not to offer anything over an 8gb.


@Nightowlz We recommend that you check your area for coverage before you buy the phone. The phone that you want may not be supported or has weak coverage. For your convenience, we offer the Bring Your Own Phone program that allows you to bring phones of your choice over to TracFone. ^Larry
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,075
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Just wondering why I cannot use a GSM Tracfone in my zip code with AT&T?

I want one of the 16gb Samsung Tracfones but they always say does not work in my area when I enter my zip code?

Are you ever going to offer a 16gb or 32gb Tracfone? 8gb does not have enough room for all the apps you want & you cannot put them on the sd card either nor can you delete the apps you put on there we don't want.

I read that if I buy a GSM phone that it may or may not work. It's up to AT&T to decide if they want to let it work in their network???

We may have to buy a contract phone to get what DH wants since Tracfone seems not to offer anything over an 8gb.


@Nightowlz We recommend that you check your area for coverage before you buy the phone. The phone that you want may not be supported or has weak coverage. For your convenience, we offer the Bring Your Own Phone program that allows you to bring phones of your choice over to TracFone. ^Larry

@Tracfone_Team I saw that info on your site. To check to see if a phone will work it said to enter the IMEI #. Cannot do that unless I buy the phone first. So do you know if I buy the 16gb Samsung Galaxy Sky can I buy the BYOP activation kit & it will work if it's GSM? I entered my zip code for this phone & says sorry does not work in my area.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,075
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

Heres a tip for those buying the Tracfone. Make sure the phone is off when not in use. I had  mine in my purse and something in my purse must have leaned on the button and turned it on, and it ate all my DATA while I was out shopping!

 

I still have all my text and talk minutes but zero data, so now I have to buy a card and fill it and i just got the other LG TSV phone a month or 2? ago so Im not thrilled because that data would have lasted me 6 months had this not happened!

 

Other than that I love the phone. But I thought Id mention this to just make sure its off when not in use "while you are away from wifi", or your data will be gone in no time too!


@Shorty2U You can buy 1gb data for your phone on the Tracfone website for $10. You don't have to buy a card that will give you extra mins, text & data.

I keep my cell phone in a pouch/holder so it cannot make calls or anything else.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,104
Registered: ‎09-12-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

Could you verify how long I would have to activate this phone?

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@Nightowlz wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Just wondering why I cannot use a GSM Tracfone in my zip code with AT&T?

I want one of the 16gb Samsung Tracfones but they always say does not work in my area when I enter my zip code?

Are you ever going to offer a 16gb or 32gb Tracfone? 8gb does not have enough room for all the apps you want & you cannot put them on the sd card either nor can you delete the apps you put on there we don't want.

I read that if I buy a GSM phone that it may or may not work. It's up to AT&T to decide if they want to let it work in their network???

We may have to buy a contract phone to get what DH wants since Tracfone seems not to offer anything over an 8gb.


@Nightowlz We recommend that you check your area for coverage before you buy the phone. The phone that you want may not be supported or has weak coverage. For your convenience, we offer the Bring Your Own Phone program that allows you to bring phones of your choice over to TracFone. ^Larry

@Tracfone_Team I saw that info on your site. To check to see if a phone will work it said to enter the IMEI #. Cannot do that unless I buy the phone first. So do you know if I buy the 16gb Samsung Galaxy Sky can I buy the BYOP activation kit & it will work if it's GSM? I entered my zip code for this phone & says sorry does not work in my area.


@Nightowlz It is recommended that you activate the phone using the carrier/network it was previously activated with. If the Samsung Galaxy Sky was previously activated with a GSM carrier/network, then you need to use the Activation Kit for GSM. ^Larry

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@MomCat wrote:

Could you verify how long I would have to activate this phone?


@MomCat The phone can be activated whenever you want. Activation with a new number may take from a few minutes up to an hour to complete. Activation with an old or existing number may take up to two business days to complete. ^Larry

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,104
Registered: ‎09-12-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

Could you verify how long I would have to activate this phone?


@MomCat The phone can be activated whenever you want. Activation with a new number may take from a few minutes up to an hour to complete. Activation with an old or existing number may take up to two business days to complete. ^Larry


What would be the longest time before it's too late?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,817
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

How much is the service fee per year per phone? We are currently with Verizon and now own our phones and are out of contract so was going to get the TSV and go to TracFones but I can't find anywhere how much the service fee is?

Super Contributor
Posts: 391
Registered: ‎06-01-2016

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16


@MomCat wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

Could you verify how long I would have to activate this phone?


@MomCat The phone can be activated whenever you want. Activation with a new number may take from a few minutes up to an hour to complete. Activation with an old or existing number may take up to two business days to complete. ^Larry


What would be the longest time before it's too late?


@MomCat The phone can be activated anytime. There is no limit or time frame as to when you need to activated it. ^Larry