Super Contributor

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Just wondering why I cannot use a GSM Tracfone in my zip code with AT&T?

I want one of the 16gb Samsung Tracfones but they always say does not work in my area when I enter my zip code?

Are you ever going to offer a 16gb or 32gb Tracfone? 8gb does not have enough room for all the apps you want & you cannot put them on the sd card either nor can you delete the apps you put on there we don't want.

I read that if I buy a GSM phone that it may or may not work. It's up to AT&T to decide if they want to let it work in their network???

We may have to buy a contract phone to get what DH wants since Tracfone seems not to offer anything over an 8gb.

@Nightowlz We recommend that you check your area for coverage before you buy the phone. The phone that you want may not be supported or has weak coverage. For your convenience, we offer the Bring Your Own Phone program that allows you to bring phones of your choice over to TracFone. ^Larry

@Tracfone_Team I saw that info on your site. To check to see if a phone will work it said to enter the IMEI #. Cannot do that unless I buy the phone first. So do you know if I buy the 16gb Samsung Galaxy Sky can I buy the BYOP activation kit & it will work if it's GSM? I entered my zip code for this phone & says sorry does not work in my area.

@Nightowlz It is recommended that you activate the phone using the carrier/network it was previously activated with. If the Samsung Galaxy Sky was previously activated with a GSM carrier/network, then you need to use the Activation Kit for GSM. ^Larry

@Tracfone_Team Thx. I have not bought the phone yet. I guess I will just have to buy one to actually see if it will work or not. I can always send the phone back if it won't work for a refund. I have the Treasure now but don't care for it. I liked the Sunset better. The volume on the Treasure is not very good.

@Nightowlz If you are having issues with your LG Treasure handset, you can speak with one of our representatives to troubleshoot the phone. You may call us at 1-800-867-7183. Business hours is Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@wingnut wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tracfone_Team  I believe @wingnut is asking if she can use the new minutes on her old TracFone,  then pitch out the new phone and use the old one which she likes. 

Thank you @Kachina624 that's exactly what I want to know!

@wingnut The answer is no. Tracfone does have $15 off their 1 yr card online. It will still cost more then the TSV. 

@wingnut The initial Service Plan or the promotional minutes comes bundled with the phone and will be automatically added during the activation process. You can activate this new phone. If you do not like it, you can transfer the service back to your old phone. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@sabra wrote:

Do the 1350 minutes/text/data expire?  If so, when?  When you buy a new card how much is it and for how long?  Also, I have a phone from Walmart and use Straighttalk ($30/month).  Can the phone number from this phone (it's a Samsung) be transferred to the LG phone?  TIA

@sabra These promotional minutes will be added automatically upon the activation. Basically, you will get 365 days or a year of service after the activation. If no airtime card is added on the due date or after 1 year, your phone will be deactivated. However, remaining minutes will not expire right away. You still have 60 days from the deactivation date to keep the minutes. If you still fail to add airtime 60 days after the deactivation date, you will lose the minutes. But if you add airtime before the due date, your phone would not be deactivated. The minutes will just rollover everytime you add an airtime card. The service days, cost and the minutes would depend on the airtime card you would purchase. You can check for the list of TracFone airtime cards at www.tracfone.com. Also, you can transfer a phone number from Straight Talk to TracFone. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Honored Contributor

yes

@10grands wrote:

Does this have a Qwerty keyboard?

Super Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

yes

@10grands wrote:

Does this have a Qwerty keyboard?

@Mindy D This phone doesn't have a Qwerty keyboard. However, you can modify its keypad settings to Qwerty through Settings Menu. ^Katherine

Regular Contributor

Can you give your old tracphone to another person to use when you buy a new phone if they buy your own minutes?

Super Contributor

@Puggirl wrote:

Can you give your old tracphone to another person to use when you buy a new phone if they buy your own minutes?

@Puggirl Yes. You can give your old phone to someone else. You can transfer your phone number and remaining service to a new phone and your old phone can be reactivated with a new number. Airtime card is required for reactivation. Thanks. ^Tiffany