Super Contributor

TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

Hello Community Friends!

We're back to answer your Tracfone questions!

Trafone Team

Super Contributor

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

[ Edited ]

Can the minutes/airtime card be used on a previously purchased LG android tracfone?  My current phonen has an LED notification light which isn't available on this phone.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

Can the minutes/airtime card be used on a previously purchased LG android tracfone?  My current phonen has an LED notification light which isn't available on this phone.  Thank you.

@wingnut No you cannot use the minutes on your phone. Tracfone changed how it works. Now when you activate the new phone the minutes are automatically added to that phone.

Super Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

Hi, @wingnut. Yes. You can transfer your phone number and remaining services left from your other TracFone phone. Thanks. ^Wevino

Trusted Contributor

I currently hawe a Tracfone and am looking at the TSV.  I know that my unused minutes will transfer, but I don't know how to transfer the data from my currentn phone to this TSV.  

Super Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I currently hawe a Tracfone and am looking at the TSV.  I know that my unused minutes will transfer, but I don't know how to transfer the data from my currentn phone to this TSV.  

Hi, @susan kay. If you are referring to your contacts, pictures and other files, you can download a Transfer Wizard app assumming that your current phone is a Smartphone. You need to install the app to both phones. You can download it on Google Play Store for Android and iTunes for Apple devices. Thanks. ^Wevino

Trusted Contributor

Went searching for the answer....the Transfer Wizard App.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Trying to figure out why this is a TSV? It doesn't have the latest Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow. Tracfone should start offering phones that have gyroscopes built in, then it would be a true TSV.  Got a Samsung Galaxy On5 Tracfone last month from another network. Can't use the phone witnh a VR headset, not be fully immersed in using one. 

Honored Contributor

@Tracfone_Team  I believe @wingnut is asking if she can use the new minutes on her old TracFone,  then pitch out the new phone and use the old one which she likes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

@wingnut Please be advised that the initial Service Plan or the promotional minutes comes bundled with the phone and will be automatically added during the activation process. Therefore, the minutes cannot be added to another handset. ^Tiffany