Regular Contributor

Tracfone TSV on the horizon ?

My tracfone expires in late December.  Is there a Tracfone on the horizon??

Contributor

Re: Tracfone TSV on the horizon ?

Evine has one today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suzy Q from PA

There's a special on QVC today under 'QVC2 Big Deal" that my DH is considering. Great price and bigger battery than the one he has now (which is only 6 months old)!

http://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-LG-Rebel-2-5%22-Smartphone-with-Case-and-1500-MinTextData.product.E23141...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

evines system is only kit kat, qvc2 is marshmallow which is androids latest as of now
Honored Contributor

I saw one on HSN this afternoon. I think it was a Samsung for $89.95 with 1500 mins

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one on QVC now has only 8GB of internal memory, which for me is nothing.

I did add a card but many of the apps I like (functional ones, like for weather or my bank) will only function on the internal memory. 

And when my apps "update", the ones I were able to move to the card, go back on the internal memory and I have to move them all again.

I was warned of this when I  purchased mine about a year ago, so I'm paying forward!

It may not be important to you.   Otherwise it's great, I have the LGL56VL.   It's very slim and the battery is small, needs charged every day.  But I do use it a lot.

And it's cheap.   That's what I was looking for.    I got tired of paying $80 a month for unlimited texts & calls but very limited data.   It was an old plan.

Now I spend maybe $20 every other month.

@Suzy Q from PA wrote:

My tracfone expires in late December.  Is there a Tracfone on the horizon??

Esteemed Contributor

@software I have the LG L 56VL.  I love it. But it came with a cheap case that cracked almost immediately.  What kind of case do you have? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
evines system is only kit kat, qvc2 is marshmallow which is androids latest as of now

@willomenia, Android Marshmallow was replaced by Nougat in 2016. Nougat was replaced this year by the current OS which is Oreo. 

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@software I have the LG L 56VL.  I love it. But it came with a cheap case that cracked almost immediately.  What kind of case do you have? 

I ordered the rose gold and it didn't take long to bite the dust!

But a plan black back cover came with it, so I'm using it.

I don't have it in a case.

Regular Contributor

Best Tracfone phone was the LG Fiesta that HSN offered in May 2017. Android Nougat OS, 16GB storage, 1.5GB RAM, an insane 4500 mAh battery, 5 MP front camera, 13 MP rear camera, up to 2TB supported on microSD card.

But having said that, the Big Deal is giving you a year-long minutes, etc. package that costs $125 on its own. So it's worth it.

I switched from years as an AT&T's Pay-As-You-Go customer to Tracfone when I bought the Fiesta in May. Totally happy with the change and the service.