Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A coming September 1st

@Katiejack wrote:

How much is the cost to get more minutes?  What does it mean when it says $99.00 for a year of service?

@Katiejack We have different airtime cards that you can purchase, each one has a different amount of minutes and days of service. The card that has a year of service and 400 minutes (which triple to a total of 1200 minutes) is $99.99. However, we have different cards available. You can visit our website www.tracfone.com for prices. ^Ana

Super Contributor

@Mike5117 wrote:

My wife just purchased the Tracfone, her contract is up.  She has an LG slide type phone, will the App for transfering her contacts work?

My second question is, my current contract is up in in 2017, just under a year I thought about getting myself a phone as well, but I do not want to transfer that number over until the contract is up.  If i buy now, can I transfer that number over when that phone contract is over?
thanks

Mike

@Mike5117 Yes, you can transfer your service at anytime. In order to use an application your phone would need to be a smartphone. You can also save the contacts to your memory card and insert that memory card on your new phone. ^Ana

Super Contributor

@sipp wrote:

I don't understand "smart phones" because I have a regular LG500 (tracfone) does this allow me to download barcodes that stores check for like coupons so i don't have to clip paper ones? Also originally tracfones could not make calls when in

Canada to the USA- can they now? 

@sipp No, the phone will not work outside of the United States. The service coverage remains the same as other regular TracFone devices. We cannot guarantee that the barcode reader will work on this phone; however, you can always try to download the application from Google Play Store. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@SchippyLuv wrote:

Tracfone Team please clarify why the zipcode finder says I cannot have coverage in my area (97365). I have been a Tracfone customer for over 9 years using alternately GSM/AT&T and CDMA/VERIZON networks with good success. I am ready to buy at least one of the new Tracfone Premier phones, but I am afraid to until I hear an explanation from the Team.

Thanks...

@SchippyLuv We are sorry for the miscommunication. Yes. We do provide service in your area. Please visit: https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CoverageMaps and enter your ZIP code for more information. Thanks.

THis link doesn't answer the question of do I have coverage in my area. It takes my zip code and shows me phones. 

How do I find out where the coverage for tracfone is?

@Mominohio You can use the Zip Code Finder to check if this phone will work in your area. ^Ana

Super Contributor

@Katiejack wrote:

How much is the cost to get more minutes?  What does it mean when it says $99.00 for a year of service?

@Katiejack We have different airtime cards with a different amount of minutes and days of service. The card that includes 400 minutes and a year of service is $99.99.  You can visit our website www.tracfone.com to review the different cards we have. ^Ana

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katiejack wrote:

@Katiejack We have different airtime cards to choose from. TracFone airtime cards start at $19.99 which will provide 60 minutes and 90 days of service. The $99.99 airtime card will add 400 minutes and 365 days of service on your phone. Please visit our website at www.tracfone.com for the updated list of airtime cards. Thank you. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
Sadly, no Gorilla Glass with the Premier. However, according to reviews, the Premier screen appears to be a higher quality plastic. That's a good thing, considering fewer phones are using glass (and the tempered glass protectors have been either poorly-fitted, loaded with bubbles, or quick to shatter.

@Moonlady Unfortunately, this phone does not have Corning Gorilla Glass. ^Ana

Super Contributor

@Sheri in California wrote:
My previous LG Tracfone from QVC had a Microsoft pkg. Does this phone have that? If it doesn't, can I view Excel, Word documents sent via email?

@Sheri in California No. You need to purchase or download the application to view Microsoft Office. Thanks. ^Maria

Super Contributor

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

I SECOND YOUR QUESTION!  Clarification of the $99 service contract would be appreciated. Are minutes included??? THIS IS NEVER ADDRESSED ON AIR!!!  We are told to go to website which does NOT clarify or answer my other question on this matter...

@Sassyboo3 Yes, the $99.99 airtime card includes 400 minutes and 365 days of service. Thank you. ^Shelly 

Super Contributor

@Naneen wrote:

How much available internal space does the OS take up and how much is left for personal use.

@Naneen This phone has 8 GB of internal memory (up to 2.86 GB usable).  ^Ana