Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A coming September 1st

It is a tracfone that uses Verizon towers.

New Contributor

I returned the first LG Premier phone i purchased from QVC because I kept getting an INVALID SIM CARD message even after replacing the card with a new one form Tracfone.   It happens when I enter the building where I work.  First I recieve a no service message and then the sim card message.  Tracfone finally said the phone was defective so I sent it back for a replacement.  Guess what?  Same thing happened.  The phone works fine when I am outside or in my apartment.   But he moment I sit down at my desk, the sim card fails.  This should not be happening.  So the phone is not defective.  there is something else going on.  Is there anybody out there who can help?  Otherwise the phone is going back which is a shame because I really like it, and I will go buy an iphone.

Super Contributor

@Maaa wrote:

How long do you have to activate phone after delivery

What is the service cost yearly?

@Maaa You can activate within 60 days from the time you receive the new phone. We have TracFone 1500 minutes for $199.99, TracFone 1000 minutes for $159.99, and TracFone 400 minutes for $99.99. These three cards are good for 365 days or one year of service. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@pickyeater2 wrote:

What is going on with the Tracfone app?? I "had" it on my tracfone, & just today went to check my remaining minutes, etc....I got a message to install the NEW app via Google play, then **poof** the old widget disappeared (no new widget appeared) and I used up my battery and over 30 minutes trying to fix my problem. Google did not recognize my email address which I HAD to have to use the tracfone when I bought it on QVC 18 months ago. I see there are HUNDREDS of complaints re:the new app, which just came out August 2016. Is this problem with the app being acknowledged AND fixed?? One needs it to check remaining minutes/text/data.

@pickyeater2 Please be informed that you will need to uninstall the TracFone My Account app first and then reinstall the app to make it working. If this will not work you can also check your balance using our TracFone website or text Balance to 611611. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@danapatsy wrote:

i'm wondering if you can purchase only data or only texting without adding minutes if you haven't used your minutes but need more data?

@danapatsy Please be informed that you can purchase TracFone airtime card on our TracFone website. We have TracFone airtime cards that will provide text or for data only without minutes. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@charro wrote:

how long do you have to actvate the phone?

@charro You can activate the new phone anytime. However, if the phone has a special offer, most of the time the phone should be activated within 60 days from the time the phone has been purchased. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@Nesi wrote:

I am aTracfone customer. I purchased it from QVC. Will my Drops and Spills protection plan transfer to this new Tracfone, along with my minutes, text, and data?

@Nesi We can transfer the phone number, remaining minutes, days, text, and data to a other TracFone or new phone. If the phone has a protection plan, we have to check what kind of protection plan covers the phone. Please contact our customer service at 1-800-867-7183 Mondays to Sundays from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@bkc1982 wrote:
After the initial data is gone will the phone continue to work without additional data if it's not added right away? Also, I have my current phone on thr service protection value plan. Is this phone also eligible for this plan?

@bkc1982 The mobile data will no longer works once the phone does not have data balance. However, you may use the Wi-Fi to continue browsing or using the data on the phone. To know if the phone is eligible in our Protection plan you may also check by visiting our TracFone website at www.tracfone.com. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@ctgirl81 wrote:

I just ordered the TSV Tracphone and am confused about the triple minutes, text and data.   QVC says we will receive these tripled for the life of the phone when we purchase more.  When I visit the TRACFONE website to look at prices for text, talk and data, the cards listed for Smartphones say they do not triple.   Which is it?  If Tracfone will not honor the QVC contract, I will cancel the order or send the phone back.  Thanks.

Never mind.  It will take too long to hear from you.  I am cancelling my order.

@ctgirl81 Please be informed that TracFone Smart phones will triple the minutes for call, text, and data automatically. For example, the Pay Go TracFone airtime card 60 minutes and 90 days of service. Thie card will provide 180 minutes, 180 text, and 180MB of data once added into a TracFone that has Triple Minutes for Life Program. However, if you have purchased the Smart phone airtime card, the minutes indicated on the card is the same amount of units the phone will be receiving. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

You have to download the free   apps, and with so little amount of storage available, I doubt you would even have enough room to download them, much less anything else.

@JesssMe You can purchase an SD card in order to provide additional memory to your phone aside from the phone's internal memory capacity. ^Justine