Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

@DJQVC wrote:

When I look at the website, only airtime minutes are listed under the non-Smartphone only plans.  In order to get data or texts, it looks like you can only get them through a Smartphone only plan.  So does that mean that data and texts are never tripled?  If not, where do I find the plans that include data or texts that are able to be tripled?

@DJQVC Please be advised that minutes for regular TracFone airtime cards (Non-Smartphone Only Plans) will triple. It also includes data and text message units. If you will be adding the 60-minute card for example, you will get 180 voice units, 180 units for text messaging and 180 megabytes of data. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@DJQVC wrote:

When I look at the website, only airtime minutes are listed under the non-Smartphone only plans.  In order to get data or texts, it looks like you can only get them through a Smartphone only plan.  So does that mean that data and texts are never tripled?  If not, where do I find the plans that include data or texts that are able to be tripled?

@DJQVC Please be informed that the value of the pay go cards will be tripled and disbursed into three buckets; Minutes, Text, and Data. However, if you purchase the Smartphone and BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) Plans only card, minutes will not tripled. You may purchase the TracFone airtime cards in our TracFone website at www.tracfone.com or through our authorized retail stores. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@dutch girl wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@DMCMD wrote:

I purchased for my mother and will have to set up for her when the phone arrives.. Reading thru QVC product pdf info/welcome guides on product page there is a comment under activation that you have to purchase a service plan. Doesn't the 1 year service plan that comes with QVC's TSV count as a service plan? Also I see comments that the 1350 min/GB/texts only lasts for 60 days is that true?!

@DMCMD Please be informed that TracFone Lg56Xstyle will inlcide 1350 minutes, 1350 text, and 1.35 GB for data and this is good for one year of service. ^Mabel

Now I am extremely confused. Bought this for a Xmas gift and thought would have plenty of time (1 yr) after Xmas day to help the receipent get set up. The on-air presenter said over and over you had a year and this would makke a good holiday gift...no mention what so ever about the triple minutes promo disappearing after 60 days. Then I see numerouse reponses fromTracfone on this thread that the promo !! That was never mentioned by the on-air presenters. NOW, I see this response which I THINK is saying that the promo triple minutes will NOT be lost if we wait 60 days to activate and we have a full year for everything including the promo minutes. Which is it????

@dutch girl The phone is included with minutes for call, text, and data. The airtime plan included in the package should be activated with in the period of time indicated in the package. The TracFone Pay Go plans will automatically tripled on the phone. However, the Smartphone plans will not tripled.

Super Contributor

Yes, the number you are porting must be active with your current service provider. ^Rovie

Super Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Recently received notice that my current Tracphone (purchased in the past from QVC) will soon no longer work in my area since it is a 2G network and this area is changing to advanced networks.  Will today's TSV work in my area?  Area code 94536.  Also, is it easy to use as I am cell phone challenged.

@Daysdee  The equipment technology offered by TracFone Wireless varies from state to state. The phones availability in your area is depending on the carrier that is supporting the phone's technology. In order to check the available phones that will work best in your area, please visit the TracFone's service map at www.tracfone.com and enter your ZIP code. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@Macommber wrote:

After my year's up, can I buy a card good for another year?

@Macommber Yes, you can purchase another TracFone airtime card in our website, in our authorized retail stores, and through calling our customer care hotline number. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@Nene11 wrote:

When you add minutes to the smart phone are the tripleld?

@Nene11 Please be informed that if you prefer to purchase out TracFone Pay Go Plans, minutes will automatically tripled and disbursed into three buckets; Minutes, Text, and Data. However, if you prefer to buy the TracFone Smartphone plans the minutes will not be tripled. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@frenchie12 wrote:

MY CURRENT TRACPHONE HAS TRIPLE MINUTES/DATA/TEXT  AND A END SERVICE DATE OF 2/14/2020.  WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS IF I PURCHASE THE NEW PHONE

@frenchie12 Please be informed that we can transfer the remaining minutes, data, and text to your new phone. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@DJQVC wrote:

@DJQVC Please be informed that you may purchase our TracFone Pay Go Plans and the minutes will automatically tripled. However, if you buy our TracFone Smartphone plans the minutes will not be tripled. You may purchase these plans in our TracFone website at www.tracfone.com, through our authorized retail stores, and through our customer care hotline number. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@Feliciti wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@shellbeach wrote:

You say you can "try to" download the Transfer Wizard to help you transfer the contact list.  Are you saying this may not work?

@shellbeach This application will not work on regular feature phones. ^Shelly

A straight answer would have been nice. Will this work on THIS TSV or not?

@Feliciti Yes. The transfer wizard application will work with the TSV. You can download this application at the Google Play Store. ^Tiffany