New Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

If you check after you activate the phone, it will tell you that your service ends ONE YEAR after activation.  You don't have to use your minutes within 60 days.

Occasional Visitor

So only the minutes will triple? It was implied that the minutes, texts and data would all triple but it does not appear on your website that anything other than minutes can triple and that the only place to buy texts and data are in the section saying Smartphones will not triple. Is QVC &/or Tracfone lying?
Highlighted
Contributor

@1179 wrote:
So only the minutes will triple? It was implied that the minutes, texts and data would all triple but it does not appear on your website that anything other than minutes can triple and that the only place to buy texts and data are in the section saying Smartphones will not triple. Is QVC &/or Tracfone lying?

Which phone are you referring to? On most of the newer smartphones all 3 are triple for life.

Super Contributor

@1179 wrote:

@1179 Please be advised that regular TracFone airtime cards will triple (voice, texts, and data). However, we have the new SmartPhone only plans for TracFone where in the minutes would not triple. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@Patmic wrote:

If you check after you activate the phone, it will tell you that your service ends ONE YEAR after activation.  You don't have to use your minutes within 60 days.

@Patmic Please be advised that you will get one year of service upon the activation of the phone. Therefore, you don't have to use the minutes within 60 days. Your phone will remain active as long as you have service days and you will be able to have service as long as you have units left on the phone. ^Tiffany

I would also like an answer on this question.

Thank you.

New Contributor

Did not see where to ask a question so tagged it here. Can you make your own hot spot with this phone and why do you have to pay every month to keep up the minutes even when you do not use them all?

Super Contributor

@moon4rent wrote:

Did not see where to ask a question so tagged it here. Can you make your own hot spot with this phone and why do you have to pay every month to keep up the minutes even when you do not use them all?

@moon4rent Please be advised that you cannot use this phone as a hotspot device. Also, you do not have to pay every month. As long as the phone has service days, phone will remain active. If you are going to add an airtime card on or before the phone's service end date, remaining minutes will just rollover. Thanks ^Tiffany

Honored Contributor

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@software wrote:

I have 2 questions, one has already been asked by another poster.

Is this phone WiFi compatible, can I use WiFi provided by my employer or a retailer that provides WiFi and NOT be using my paid data?

2nd question - Are there any Apps on the phone?   Can I download Apps to the phone?

@software Most of the Smart phones or Android phones are Wi-Fi capable. You can use the Wi-Fi feature instead of mobile data to save data on your phone. You can also download apps. Some phone are preloaded with apps like Twitter, Facebook, Messenger, and many more. ^Mabel

Once my internal storage became full, I purchased more storage on a card.   The Apps do not recognize the cards, but any pictures I take, do.    The extra storage is showing when I go to Settings.   How do I get my Apps to use the storage on the card?