Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

@MoJoV wrote:

Can I switch minutes from my husband's Tracfone flip phone to the Smartphone Tracfone is selling today? 

@MoJoV Yes, you can purchase a new phone and we can transfer your minutes and phone number to your new phone. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

Re: Question for Trac Tech TeamI What happens after the year contract ends?

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- wrote:

What happens after  the year contract ends? Appx how much are the reload cards? What is the 34.95 fee? Thank you.

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- Please be informed that TracFone phone will only work when the phone has enough units and service days. We suggest to add more minutes before the service end date. For the list of the Tracfone airtime cards and the cost, please visit our TracFone website at www.tracfone.com. We are unable to answer the question reqgarding the  $34.95 fee. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

Yes, the number you are porting must be active with your current service provider. ^Rovie

Super Contributor

Yes, you can transfer the remaining minutes and service days. ^Rovie

Regular Contributor

I transfered my minutes and number from my old flip phone to this one. I am unable to get things set up in it. The text does not even work. I can type a word correctly and when I hit the space bar it changes it. My sevice on my old phone was to expire at the end of Nov. and the minutes and service dates were carried over to the new one. What can I do. I cannot return it with the minutes from my old phone loaded in it. I even had my step daughter try and she could not get it working either.

Super Contributor

@DJQVC wrote:

When I look at the website, only airtime minutes are listed under the non-Smartphone only plans.  In order to get data or texts, it looks like you can only get them through a Smartphone only plan.  So does that mean that data and texts are never tripled?  If not, where do I find the plans that include data or texts that are able to be tripled?

@DJQVC The talk, text and data will be tripled if you will add the pay-as-you-go airtime plans. The Smartphone only plans will not triple. ^Justine

Regular Contributor

NO answer to my question Tracfone

Super Contributor

@KATIE ANN wrote:

I transfered my minutes and number from my old flip phone to this one. I am unable to get things set up in it. The text does not even work. I can type a word correctly and when I hit the space bar it changes it. My sevice on my old phone was to expire at the end of Nov. and the minutes and service dates were carried over to the new one. What can I do. I cannot return it with the minutes from my old phone loaded in it. I even had my step daughter try and she could not get it working either.

@KATIE ANN We really do apologize for this inconvenient. However, we need to speak with you directly to check the new device. Please contact our customer hotline number at 1-800-867-7183 Monday through Sunday 8:00 AM EST to 11:45 PM EST. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@KATIE ANN wrote:

NO answer to my question Tracfone

@KATIE ANN We do apologize for the inconvenient. However, we have already provided response to your previous post or message. ^Mabel

New Contributor

No it does not.  I have it set to vocally let me know when a message comes in.  That is one feature I miss.