Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

I have a TracFone LG840G which is a minutes only phone. I recently purchased more time and currently have about 3000 minutes and almost a year of airtime remaining. Can these minutes and time be transfered to this new phone?

Contributor

You might be able to make calls from the US VIrgin Islands and Puerto Rico, but not the other islands.  I was able to call from St John US Virgin Islands with my previous phone but haven't tried it with my current smartphone.

Contributor

I have added a 32GB SD card to my current phone.  But you should know that most of the apps will be stored on the internal memory and cannot be moved to the SD card.  That is most of the apps from the Google Play Store are this way.

The SD card is good for storing pictures and videos that you take.

New Contributor

I looked at tracfone.com to see how much replacement minutes would cost me. I'm curious, what is a 1 year, 365 day plan for 1500 minutes? And is this compatible with the TSV?
Super Contributor

Can you please explain about the minutes.  Do they expire within 60 days?  The host was saying this morning that you could activate at any time if a gift. 

Contributor

I HAVE A TRAC PHONE NOW, WHICH I BOUGHT FROM QVC LAST YEAR AND THE COVERAGE IS GREAT. BUT THIS TODAY SPECIAL SAYS IN MY ZIP CODE THIS PLONE WOULD NOT HAVE COVERAGE. WHAT WOULD BE SO DIFFERANT IN

COVERAGE THAN MY PRESENT PHONE?

I'm currently on AT&T, can I keep my number?
New Contributor

sRe: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

Hi, If I purchase this phone today, can I wait till July 2017 to activate it. I appreciate your help.

Contributor

@Tracfone_Team  I hope that you can clarify.

Under the TSV item DESCRIPTION, there is a Welcome Guide PDF. 

The last line on page one of the PDF leads me to believe that this phone IS NOT compatible with SafeLink. Please help me understand your response.

Once you use all the minutes,data,text provided with this purchase is it necessary to purchase a tracfone plan or can you just purchase a tracfone card at a store to load more minutes,data, text?