Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

Recently received notice that my current Tracphone (purchased in the past from QVC) will soon no longer work in my area since it is a 2G network and this area is changing to advanced networks.  Will today's TSV work in my area?  Area code 94536.  Also, is it easy to use as I am cell phone challenged.

Super Contributor

@Tenners wrote:

Do I need to activate this phone before a certain date?  My current phone plan doesn't end until Feb 2017.  I want to use the same cell phone number I currently use.  Do I have to wait until I cancel my Sprint account before I activate the phone with my current cell number?

@Tenners The phone can be activated within one year from the date of purchase. We can port an existing phone number as long as it remains active with the current service provider. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@celisa wrote:

I live in zipcode 76801.  

Does it cover this area??

I have checked and it says no, but I don't think that's correct?!

@celisa We're sorry. The phone is not supported in your area or ZIP code. ^Shelly

New Contributor

Re: Question for Trac Tech TeamI What happens after the year contract ends?

Hi Trac Tech Team, I see there isn't a lot of questions regarding this trac phone, I asked a couple at appx 10 20am this date, and still no reply, what you reply to me depends of me buying this phone, I have been checking on and off for a reply.  Many of us have never used nor heard of this phone, it is a whole new ballgame for me. Thanks

Occasional Contributor

After my year's up, can I buy a card good for another year?

When you add minutes to the smart phone are the tripleld?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HiLo wrote:

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- wrote:

What happens after  the year contract ends? Appx how much are the reload cards? What is the 34.95 fee? Thank you.

This is exactly the question I want answered before I order.  Also, how often are you required to buy a reload card to keep the service after this contract ends and what is the minimum price as some of us don't need as many minutes as others.

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- The service will be deactivated once the 1-Year of service expires. You will need to add a new Airtime card to reactivate the phone. You can add airtime for as low as $9.99. You can add airtime whenever you need more minutes. Any remaining minutes from the previous airtime card will carry over to the new one. TracFone has no contract and no activation fees. Can you please verify the $34.95 fee that was mentioned above? Thank you. ^Shelly

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Question for TracFone team.

I'm looking at TSV, E230169. Its says it has coverage in zipcode 68137. What carrier is this?

Super Contributor

@Uglybuster wrote:

Tracfone Team, MY question is:

According to the presentation you get 1350 mb of DATA, that translates to 1.318359375 GB of data, not much at all.  Currently my family goes through 6 GB of data a month.  I think people that are purchasing need to be more aware the difference fo MB vs. GB. My question is, why the misleading information?  

@Uglybuster The converted amount of data from Megabytes (MB) to Gigabytes (GB) is the same. We guarantee that the correct amount of data are being added to the phone regardless if it is in Megabytes or Gigabytes form. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- wrote:

Hi Trac Tech Team, I see there isn't a lot of questions regarding this trac phone, I asked a couple at appx 10 20am this date, and still no reply, what you reply to me depends of me buying this phone, I have been checking on and off for a reply.  Many of us have never used nor heard of this phone, it is a whole new ballgame for me. Thanks

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- We are sorry for the late response. Please try to go back to the original post for our response. Thank you for your inquiry. ^Shelly