Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

@MoJoV wrote:

Can I switch minutes from my husband's Tracfone flip phone to the Smartphone Tracfone is selling today? 

@MoJoV Yes, you can. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

I have a question about minutes.

If I purchase 400 minutes (which will triple to 1200) how does that translate to text & data?    I don't talk on the phone much, I text more than talk.   So how does 400 minutes translate to texts.

Same with data.    What does 400 minutes mean?

@software The minutes will be added to the three buckets equally. Upon adding a 400 minute card, you will receive 1200 minutes for voice, 1200 SMS/text, 1200 MB of data. The voice minutes cannot be converted to text or data and vice versa.

The 400 minutes mean you have 400 unit of talk time. All calls are charged at a rate of one (1) unit per minute. Text messages are charged at the rate of one (1) unit per text. Data is charged based on actual usage. ^Shelly

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Trac Tech TeamI What happens after the year contract ends?

@BERNADETTE-DETROIT- wrote:

What happens after  the year contract ends? Appx how much are the reload cards? What is the 34.95 fee? Thank you.

This is exactly the question I want answered before I order.  Also, how often are you required to buy a reload card to keep the service after this contract ends and what is the minimum price as some of us don't need as many minutes as others.

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

Another question, sorry, I've never used this type of phone.

When you say the phone comes with 1350 minutes good for 1 year, does that mean I don't have to refill for 1 year, unless I run out & need to refill?

@software Yes, that is correct. You can add an Airtime card whenever you need more minutes. ^Shelly

A couple of questions...

How long are the minutes good for?

I anticipate using this phone when I have to take after hours calls for work, 3 times a year, when the original minutes expire, do I have to immediately buy more minutes or can I wait until I am ready to use the phone again?

Thanks,

New Contributor

Since Smartphone card is not to be used, is the phone actually going to triple our card inputs for the lifetime of the phone? 

Occasional Visitor

How long do I have before the phone needs to be activated? In the past they only gave you 60 days.

Thanks

Karen

Frequent Contributor

Tracfone Team, MY question is:

According to the presentation you get 1350 mb of DATA, that translates to 1.318359375 GB of data, not much at all.  Currently my family goes through 6 GB of data a month.  I think people that are purchasing need to be more aware the difference fo MB vs. GB. My question is, why the misleading information?  

Regular Contributor

Do I need to activate this phone before a certain date?  My current phone plan doesn't end until Feb 2017.  I want to use the same cell phone number I currently use.  Do I have to wait until I cancel my Sprint account before I activate the phone with my current cell number?

Super Contributor

@Bethanysb wrote:

A couple of questions...

How long are the minutes good for?

I anticipate using this phone when I have to take after hours calls for work, 3 times a year, when the original minutes expire, do I have to immediately buy more minutes or can I wait until I am ready to use the phone again?

Thanks,

@Bethanysb It would be best to add minutes before the service end date to keep the service active. Once the service expires, you have 60 days grace period to keep the minutes on the phone. The minutes will carry-over once the phone is reactivated within the 60 days period. ^Shelly