Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

Can I switch minutes from my husband's Tracfone flip phone to the Smartphone Tracfone is selling today? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I have a question about minutes.

If I purchase 400 minutes (which will triple to 1200) how does that translate to text & data?    I don't talk on the phone much, I text more than talk.   So how does 400 minutes translate to texts.

Same with data.    What does 400 minutes mean?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Q_Shopper wrote:

Is the TSV phone SafeLink compatible?

@Q_Shopper Yes, it is. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@shellbeach wrote:

You say you can "try to" download the Transfer Wizard to help you transfer the contact list.  Are you saying this may not work?

@shellbeach This application will not work on regular feature phones. ^Shelly

Honored Contributor

Another question, sorry, I've never used this type of phone.

When you say the phone comes with 1350 minutes good for 1 year, does that mean I don't have to refill for 1 year, unless I run out & need to refill?

Super Contributor

@LG88 wrote:

Will I be able to move downloaded apps to the SD card?  My current tracfone will not allow this and new apps "eat" up my memory space.

@LG88 Just like any other Smartphone devices, there are applications that can't be transferred to the SD card. The best thing that can be done is to try to transfer any downloaded applications whenever applicable. ^Shelly

New Contributor

Re: Question for Trac Tech TeamI What happens after the year contract ends?

What happens after  the year contract ends? Appx how much are the reload cards? What is the 34.95 fee? Thank you.

Super Contributor

@bbrocket wrote:

Does today's special value have the notification light that lights up when you receive a text?  Thanks in advance.

@bbrocket No, the phone does not support this feature. The phone will give an audible alert whenever you receive a text message. ^Shelly

Super Contributor

@Special Dale wrote:

My understanding is IF I BUY a Smartphone card w/ minutes, texts, and data, it will TRIPLE that card value and this promotion continues for the life of the phone. Am I correct?

@Special Dale Yes, that is correct. All paid minutes will triple for the life of the phone except for the Smartphone Only and BYOP Plans. ^Shelly 

Super Contributor

@Q_Shopper wrote:

RE: Tracfone Phone Upgrades/Transfers:

Will they receive the promotional minutes, & service days, from both their new TSV phone, and the non-promotional minutes & service days from their old phone?

-----

I am considering purchasing this TSV Tracfone bundle as a gift for someone, so that they can upgrade their current phone (an older android OS Tracfone smartphone).

However, I want to be sure that they will be able to keep the same Tracfone phone # AND receive the promotional minutes included with the TSV.

The intended gift recipient currently has a Tracfone android smartphone--active service with minutes remaining.

I am not too worried about the remaining minutes or service days left on the old phone, since they have a year to activate the TSV. I just want to be sure that transferring an existing Tracfone phone # to the TSV phone, will not eliminate the 1,350 minutes.

I do not think that the gift recipient has a Tracfone account for the old smartphone...does that matter?

@Q_Shopper The minutes and service days from the old phone can be transferred to the new phone together with the phone number. The minutes and service days will carry-over to the promotional minutes that comes with the TSV. It does not matter if they do not have an account set up for the old phone. We can also help in setting up the account for them. ^Shelly