Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

@software wrote:

I have 2 questions, one has already been asked by another poster.

Is this phone WiFi compatible, can I use WiFi provided by my employer or a retailer that provides WiFi and NOT be using my paid data?

2nd question - Are there any Apps on the phone?   Can I download Apps to the phone?

@software Most of the Smart phones or Android phones are Wi-Fi capable. You can use the Wi-Fi feature instead of mobile data to save data on your phone. You can also download apps. Some phone are preloaded with apps like Twitter, Facebook, Messenger, and many more. ^Mabel

Contributor

Is there an app included or some way to transfer your contacts, etc. from your current phone to the new one?  In the past, you have had to reenter all the data.

Super Contributor

@shellbeach wrote:

Is there an app included or some way to transfer your contacts, etc. from your current phone to the new one?  In the past, you have had to reenter all the data.

@shellbeach Yes, there are pre-loaded applications on the phone such as Facebook, Twitter, among others. You can try to download the Transfer Wizard application on your new phone to help you transfer the contact list with ease. ^Shelly

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@toril wrote:

Will this triple minutes etc.?

Hi toril. Yes, the phone will triple all paid minutes except for the Smartphone only airtime cards and add-on plans. ^Shelly

So what you're saying is the TSV smartphone will not give triple minutes?  Your "except for" phrase is confusing. Clear it up for me.

@MoJoV The phone will provide triple minute benefits on all regular TracFone airtime cards and value plans. However, the Triple Minute Plan is not applicable to Smartphone only airtime cards and add-on plans. For more information about our airtime card denominations, please visit www.tracfone.com. ^Shelly

Contributor

Is the TSV phone SafeLink compatible?

Contributor

You say you can "try to" download the Transfer Wizard to help you transfer the contact list.  Are you saying this may not work?

Will I be able to move downloaded apps to the SD card?  My current tracfone will not allow this and new apps "eat" up my memory space.

Occasional Contributor

Does today's special value have the notification light that lights up when you receive a text?  Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

My understanding is IF I BUY a Smartphone card w/ minutes, texts, and data, it will TRIPLE that card value and this promotion continues for the life of the phone. Am I correct?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

RE: Tracfone Phone Upgrades/Transfers:

Will they receive the promotional minutes, & service days, from both their new TSV phone, and the non-promotional minutes & service days from their old phone?

-----

I am considering purchasing this TSV Tracfone bundle as a gift for someone, so that they can upgrade their current phone (an older android OS Tracfone smartphone).

However, I want to be sure that they will be able to keep the same Tracfone phone # AND receive the promotional minutes included with the TSV.

The intended gift recipient currently has a Tracfone android smartphone--active service with minutes remaining.

I am not too worried about the remaining minutes or service days left on the old phone, since they have a year to activate the TSV. I just want to be sure that transferring an existing Tracfone phone # to the TSV phone, will not eliminate the 1,350 minutes.

I do not think that the gift recipient has a Tracfone account for the old smartphone...does that matter?