Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Q & A Chat - October 27th

How does this compare with the LG Premier Tracfone 5.3" Smartphone w/ 1350 Min offered in August 2016?  What is the difference exactly?  Why should I purchase this phone if I have the LG Premier?  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 questions, one has already been asked by another poster.

Is this phone WiFi compatible, can I use WiFi provided by my employer or a retailer that provides WiFi and NOT be using my paid data?

2nd question - Are there any Apps on the phone?   Can I download Apps to the phone?

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

Is this phone WiFi compatible, can I use WiFi provided by my employer or a retailer that provides WiFi and NOT be using my paid data?

2nd question - Are there any Apps on the phone?   Can I download Apps to the phone?

@software Yes, the phone is Wi-Fi compatible. You can connect to the nearest Wi-Fi connection in your area. You will have to turn off the Mobile Data on your phone if you will be connected to Wi-Fi.

There are preloaded applications on the phone. You can download Apps through the Play Store. ^Justine

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

If I am at home and connected to my home wifi are minutes deducted for text ?  data?  phone calls ?

@shoptheQ If your phone is connected to Wifi, minutes will not be deducted for data. Your airtime will be deducted only when you make and receive calls and when you send and receive text messages. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@squeaky10 wrote:

I have looked at all phones shown online. I Live in zip code 26287 and you all say no tracfone services, you are full of it, I have service here and just purchased new phone.

@squeaky10 I do apologize to hear that. We have checked your ZIP code and it shows that we do have service in your area. There are available phones that will work on the ZIP code 26287. ^Justine

Super Contributor

@toril wrote:

Will this triple minutes etc.?

@toril Yes. TracFone smartphones has triple minutes. Therefore, units for talk, text and data will automatically triple upon adding an airtime card. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@blueangel1532 wrote:

I was just about to order the TSV for today but you said on on Q & A you can not purchase extra minutes.

@blueangel1532 Please be advised that you can purchase minutes for the TracFone anytime. It could be on or before your service end date. Your minutes will also rollover. You can purchase minutes at www.tracfone.com, at our authorized retail stores or by calling our customer care center at 1-800-867-7183. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

@software 1. Please be advised that this phone is WiFi compatible. You can connect the device to any secured WiFi connection. Once the phone is connected to WiFi, minutes will not be deducted for data.

2. Since this is an Android device, there are built in applications installed in it. You could also download additional applications at the Play Store. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@rosemilk wrote:

deos this TSV come with an SD card ?

@rosemilk Please be informed that the TSV does not come with SD card. ^Justine

Super Contributor

@Naneen wrote:

Hi, The QVC specs says it has 8 gb internal memory while on the LG website it says it has 16 gb.... which is  accurate?   Also, in the settings, under "About Phone," can the moble network type be toggled between LTE and CDMA-eHRPD like on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime?   Thanks much.

@Naneen The TSV only provides 8 GB of Internal memory. It is a 4G LTE device which is already programmed on the phone.  ^Justine