Super Contributor

Tracfone LG Premier Pro TSV - Battery Question

I read on other site that this phone has a non-removable battery. I understand the difference between removable and non-removable. Am interested in comments on the pros and cons between these. I'm just in the process of looking for a Tracfone smartphone and would appreciate your comments on this phone and the battery question. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG Premier Pro TSV - Battery Question

@WildDunes  The box comes with the battery which you have to place into the phone and charge for at least four hours. Seems that means it is removable.

I wondered if the battery was replaceable and how much it would cost if it died! Thanks for starting the thread. Smiley Happy 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
New Contributor

As someone who had owned tracfones in the past, I would caution against buying them.  The phones themselves are okay, but they have the worst customer service in the business. Seriously, it is the worst customer service.

I originally purchased my tracfone from HSN where I got triple minutes for life. When I had problems with my phone, after many frustrating hours dealing with customer service, they said they would send a replacement phone.  They sent me an older flip phone model that fit in the palm of my hand.  It was basically useless for everything except for making calls.  But the keypad was so small, I could hardly see let alone push the right numbers. When they sent the new phone, they did not transfer over my 7,000 minutes. They also locked out service to the old phone so that I am unable to transfer the photos I had on the tracfone.  All without notice.  I was so disgusted with them that I bit the bullet and purchased an Apple iphone.   Like night and day and the iphone is worth every penny.

Honored Contributor

I've had a couple of Tracfones, I prefer the one I have now which is a Samsung Galaxy Jet Pro 7.

You can shop around and find batteries at almost any price.   I'm sure you can find a replacement for around $30-$40.    Depending on how much you use your phone a battery can last 2 years easy.

Their customer service can be annoying.   What customer service isn't!   

I've only had one problem and it was solved quickly.

Super Contributor

I've been a tradfone customer for over 20 years and presently have LG Fiesta!  I like to buy a new phone when they have these specials but this one is not a great upgrade from what I presently have.  Mine has a built in battery but others I had in the past had the removable battery.  I see no difference.  I never had to replace the battery in my other phones.  I also never had huge problems with customer service.  Using facebook and messaging always got my issues resolved.   I use the phone mainly for texting.  We have a landline and wifi at home so even if I use the tracfone at home, it doesn't impact my  data.  The camera on my Fiesta has more megapixels than the TSV but is less than adequate (I feel).  I take my camera for special occasions.  I've used the camera on the phone for pictures I don't classify as "special".   Almost everywhere you go now has wifi available. Everyone's usage is different.  That is the deciding factor. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve never had a problem with Tracfone customer service.

Super Contributor

@cddh wrote:

I've been a tradfone customer for over 20 years and presently have LG Fiesta!  I like to buy a new phone when they have these specials but this one is not a great upgrade from what I presently have.  Mine has a built in battery but others I had in the past had the removable battery.  I see no difference.  I never had to replace the battery in my other phones.  I also never had huge problems with customer service.  Using facebook and messaging always got my issues resolved.   I use the phone mainly for texting.  We have a landline and wifi at home so even if I use the tracfone at home, it doesn't impact my  data.  The camera on my Fiesta has more megapixels than the TSV but is less than adequate (I feel).  I take my camera for special occasions.  I've used the camera on the phone for pictures I don't classify as "special".   Almost everywhere you go now has wifi available. Everyone's usage is different.  That is the deciding factor. 

Thank you for your response to my question on the battery. I appreciate your opinion.