Respected Contributor

Re: TracFone Q & A Coming June 22

@iwannaknow wrote:

Will this phone OS upgrade to android 6.0 marshmellow?

Tracfones have a locked OS and don't upgrade.

New Contributor

What can be downloaded to the (optional) microSD card?

I'm interested in purchasing TSV. My husband and I currently are using such phones and love the no contract concept. Do these phones work internationally? We seem to be in that state of mind lately. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Dear Tracfone TEAM,

Can I set  my own photos  On the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime for  the  Home screen  and   lock screen wallpapers ? Can I set my own photos for Contacts in my address book?

Thank you 

Occasional Contributor

Dear Tracfone Team,

Is there notification lights on the front of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

for  incoming Texts, phone messages, etc ?    If so, do they have the ability to  continue to blink until you open the phone and  look at the message? 

Thank you

Super Contributor

@MissCodi wrote:

Dear Tracfone TEAM,

Can I set  my own photos  On the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime for  the  Home screen  and   lock screen wallpapers ? Can I set my own photos for Contacts in my address book?

Thank you 

Yes and yes--both are possible with this handset.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@Patricia0730 wrote:

I'm interested in purchasing TSV. My husband and I currently are using such phones and love the no contract concept. Do these phones work internationally? We seem to be in that state of mind lately. Thanks.

You dial to an international destination (over 100 nations)--but you cannot make a call from out of the country.

You can from the USA, but not from a place outside the USA.

THank you!

Super Contributor

@MissCodi wrote:

Dear Tracfone Team,

Is there notification lights on the front of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

for  incoming Texts, phone messages, etc ?    If so, do they have the ability to  continue to blink until you open the phone and  look at the message? 

Thank you

This handset does not feature a notification light.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@Wacky wrote:

Does this new phone automatically transfer my contacts to the new phone?  Can you see the screen in the sunlight.....can't see the one now that I got from QVC?  I'm not seeing answers to a lot of the questions asked.  How come?  I thought that all questions were answered.  I'm already having a bad feeling about this.  I've had problems in the past with the last 3 phones we have gotten thru QVC.

All of your Samsung and Google contacts will transfer upon activation, set up, and logging in.

TracFone offers the Transfer Wizard in the Google play store to do everything else.

With this handset, you can adjust the screen brightness to see in just about any light.

Have a great day!

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@Mom22Angels wrote:

I am just curious, I bought a tracfone several years ago from QVC for my son with the same deal offering triple everything for the life of the phone.

I just recently bought a year card for it...still works great...just thought an upgrade would be nice for a teenager...not ready to put him on my plan...lol

Can the phone number and all minutes, text, and gbs, be transferred to this new phone?

Thanks!

Mom22Angels

Yes, with TracFone you can keep your existing phone number and transfer all of your existing days of service and minutes, text, and data.  Please call the 800 number in the Welcome Guide in order to complete your "port."

Thank you!